Have A New Clutch

Zoomo
Since my last clutch that I murdered because they were just laid and I tried to move them, I have had a clutch laid 3 days ago. I am afraid to touch it. The 1st 2 clutches I had never hatched, probably because I put them in a container which got full of water with water changes and I probably drowned them.

So, this new 3 day hatch, feels like it is ready to move, but I am sort of afraid I will kill it in the container again. I leave the container floating when doing water changes because I am afraid they will get too cold in my AC'd room. Today is my water change day and also afraid I am going to somehow knock them off the glass or soak them with the Syphon.

What would you all do?

endlercollector
Since my last clutch that I murdered because they were just laid and I tried to move them, I have had a clutch laid 3 days ago. I am afraid to touch it. The 1st 2 clutches I had never hatched, probably because I put them in a container which got full of water with water changes and I probably drowned them.

So, this new 3 day hatch, feels like it is ready to move, but I am sort of afraid I will kill it in the container again. I leave the container floating when doing water changes because I am afraid they will get too cold in my AC'd room. Today is my water change day and also afraid I am going to somehow knock them off the glass or soak them with the Syphon.

What would you all do?
Sorry, but I need more info as I've arrived late to this conversation. What size tank and who else is in it?

Zoomo
Sorry, but I need more info as I've arrived late to this conversation. What size tank and who else is in it?

40G breeder and cory's but not sure why that matters. Anyway, did my water change, left it hanging on tank. Finished water change. Came back 20 mins later and 2 snails were in the spot the clutch was, and the clutch was at bottom of tank. Guess the snails knocked it off the tank. Scooped it out but I bet they drowned.

endlercollector
40G breeder and cory's but not sure why that matters. Anyway, did my water change, left it hanging on tank. Finished water change. Came back 20 mins later and 2 snails were in the spot the clutch was, and the clutch was at bottom of tank. Guess the snails knocked it off the tank. Scooped it out but I bet they drowned.
Aww, so sorry to hear that the clutch got knocked down. Hope they make it.

I was just trying to understand your water changing needs. Would it be easier to put the snails in a nano tank and hopefully have them lay a clutch there? Then you might be able to avoid big water changes as you wouldn't have to worry about a lot of waste.

Zoomo
Aww, so sorry to hear that the clutch got knocked down. Hope they make it.

I was just trying to understand your water changing needs. Would it be easier to put the snails in a nano tank and hopefully have them lay a clutch there? Then you might be able to avoid big water changes as you wouldn't have to worry about a lot of waste.

I fished them out and put them in a floating incubator thingy as I usually do so hope they survive, but not counting on it. I will have to figure something out for future clutches.

Zoomo

What would you all do?

This clutch was laid on 07/10. It is 7/22. It has been drowned twice. One, the other snails knocked it off the side of the tank and I do not know how long it was in there for but not too long as it was where it was supposed to be with my water change, and then a little while later, it was at the bottom of the tank. Second time, it was in a floating incubator and somehow water got into it. I think it floated in front of the filter output and was full. Again, caught it pretty quick.

Do they look viable?

IMG_1470.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG

They have been incubating in a tupperware container on top of moistened paper towels that I spritz with water every day, in the tank, so they get humidity. Air holes on top of container cover.

So they are 12 days old.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Leemie
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishGirl115
Replies
Views
ELON MOLLUSK