Have 2 Female Guppies Question

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Lakemontfishlover, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Lakemontfishlover

Lakemontfishlover Valued Member Member

Hello My Friends, one female had about 40 guppies and the other one is days away. My question is....How many fry could I keep in my 30 gal hexagon until they are to big to eat? I have babies in the 10 gal now, two female guppies and one still pregnant in 20 gal and 8 male guppies in 30 gal. What makes more sense..all babies in 30 gal, 4 females in 10 gal and 8 males in 20?? As soon as I can sex them I will switch around, what’s your thoughts?

2. Dakotablue

Dakotablue Valued Member Member

Yeah I'd probably do all the babies in the 30 gallon. You could have a lot of fry in that size tank. Of course once they are too big to eat you are going to run out of space pretty fast. Assuming another 40 from the other female, 80 full grown guppies would be too much for a 30 gallon!

3. OP
    OP
    Lakemontfishlover

Lakemontfishlover Valued Member Member

I agree with you Dakotablue. I will eventually separate male and female. The most of one sex will get the 30 gallon and split up the other sex between 10 and 20 gal, one nice thing is I will have the pick of the fry. I only wanted enough to fill all three and never imagined all would survive. Maybe I can re-home the left overs. No more breeding for a long time here. Could not find healthy fish here so I’m growing my own.

4. Dakotablue

Dakotablue Valued Member Member

Breeding your own is a great way for healthy fish. That said guppies can get out of control pretty fast! But yes you can re-home them, maybe even sell em for cheap to some other fish lovers in your area. Help pay for this expensive hobby!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice