Hatchetfish fry or something else?? Help 

corydorable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi everyone, I just got a new marbled hatchetfish and there are these tiny little things in the bag. They move on their own and have little eyeballs, but I don't know if they're hatchetfish fry or some kind of food. They do have the little rounded body shape of a hatchetfish, but they have all these little hairs on the rest of their body. I hope these pictures are of good enough quality!

corydorable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
corydorable said:
Hi everyone, I just got a new marbled hatchetfish and there are these tiny little things in the bag. They move on their own and have little eyeballs, but I don't know if they're hatchetfish fry or some kind of food. They do have the little rounded body shape of a hatchetfish, but they have all these little hairs on the rest of their body. I hope these pictures are of good enough quality!

corydorable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
angelcraze said:
I think they are adult brine shrimp. I've never heard of hatchetfish breeding in captivity. Could be wrong though.
I googled that and I think you are right. I've never bought them and didn't know what they looked like. Thank you !!! :•)

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
corydorable said:
I googled that and I think you are right. I've never bought them and didn't know what they looked like. Thank you !!! :•)
Np, I knew them as Sea Monkeys. The hatchetfish might only eat live food until you train them to eat pellet.

Correction, apparently marbled hatchetfish have bred in captivity, but not a commercial basis.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom