Hasemania Nana + Solitary Larger Tankmate? Question

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by LauriGStrengell, Jun 14, 2018.

1. LauriGStrengellNew MemberMember

Hello all,

Any suggestions for a solitary (or two) tank mate to live together with a school of silvertip tetras.

The tank is a 900mm x 450mm x 450mm 180 litre heavily planted tank.
    That is approx 35" x 17" x 17" / 47g
    Sort of an aquascape(ish) setup. Currently 12 silvertips, will soon increase to 20 or 30max.

I was hoping to find one big boy to keep the silver tips well bunched up and sort of create a landscape of a solitary Sheppard hearding his flock. Without eating them, of course...

I have been looking at apistogramma but they're not much in size. I know that any aquascaper will probably tell me to stop such nonsense ideas and stick to a single species...

Is there anything that might work? I am after the visual impact from the active dancing of the sivertips and a more gently moving larger fish.

What do you think?

2. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Consider gourami, like a snakeskin or moonlight? Betta even?

The problem is that after a while the tetras will being to see that the solitary fish is not a threat, and not tightly school as they once did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice