Has anyone used Britewell Aquatics plant substrate?

sairving

I just purchased a new 10-gallon tank for my snail and bettta. I will probably get more snails. I'm using all of the equipment from the 5-gallon in the 10-gallon for now. That gives me a little extra money to spend on plants and substrate.

My very first planted tank didn't do well. I used UNS controsoil, a good light, too much fertilizer, and ended up with an algae farm. Looking back, that tank needed co2. Currently, I'm running a 5-gallon with seachem flourite. My goal with this tank was to keep it balanced and actually get plants to grow. I managed to keep it balanced and get some plant growth.

I want to use a nutrient rich substrate for plants in this tank. I was thinking aquasoil under the plants to cut down on the amount of ammonia that leaches out and sand everywhere else. Then I found a youtube video from Bentley Pascoe talking about plant substrate from Britewell. He said the soil leached no ammonia at all. It could be added to an existing tank. That peaked my interest.

Has anyone used any of the planted tank substrate from britewell? I'm mainly interested in plant growth.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MossMark
Replies
Views
Awesomeneptune
Replies
Views
Bgreen82
Replies
Views