Has anyone use Plasti-dip to paint HOB intake tubes

Discussion in 'Saltwater Tank Equipment' started by Jiggyjigmah, Aug 11, 2015.

1. JiggyjigmahValued MemberMember

I've heard of people using on their Aquaclear intake tubes for freshwater and no issues. Anyone try it for saltwater?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Never heard of plasti dip but Kyrlon fusion spray paint is aquarium safe. FW or SW.

3. ErbarryValued MemberMember

Probably not. Once algae starts to grow on it and fish pick at it there is a good chance they can tear into it and ingest it.

4. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

I wouldn't risk it. Plasti-dip is meant to be easily removed which means the fish might be able to get at it. Who knows what would happen to the fish if they managed to eat the stuff.

5. JsigmoWell Known MemberMember

So, when I put the handles of some tool that I've dipped in it in my mouth, that might not be good, either? ;)

6. LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

That depends, do you swallow the tool? :;laughing

7. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Omg

8. JsigmoWell Known MemberMember

Hmmm. Not gonna go there! ;)

Usually not. But when my hands are full, it's sometimes handy to hold something in one's mouth. The plasti-dip makes it easier on a guy's teeth! :)

I've seen small flashlights plastidipped for just this purpose. I like those headlamps or the lights that mount on the bill of your ball cap, personally. ;)

9. JiggyjigmahValued MemberMember

Is there any other type of paint that you could use to paint the extension tube and it wouldn't be harmful to fish and inverts?

10. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Look at post #2...,.

11. JiggyjigmahValued MemberMember

Ah, I see it. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice