Has anyone tried Prizm Deluxe protein skimmer?

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmer' started by babyduke, Feb 21, 2009.

1. babyduke

babydukeNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    How did it perform and how big of an opening does it require in the back of the tank to hang properly?

2. Aquaman123456

Aquaman123456Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I just started a sw tank and was thinking of getting a prism. They are OK skimmers from what I have heard but I ended up buying a coral life skimmer which IMO is working very well and excellent and good price.

3. Demosthine

DemosthineNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    Just started
    Good Morning.

I'm sure you probably have the filter question solved already, but I thought I'd give me tidbit of information. I recently purchased the Prizm Pro Deluxe and the install went very well. Initially, I did have a slight problem fine-tuning the flow and eliminating the microbubbles, but by the end of the night I had it fixed.

By the time I awoke the following morning, I had a noticable amount of gunk in the Skimmer already. It's put out about three cups worth in the last two days, so it seems to be working very well. I have not had to make the daily adjustments like some people claim, either.

Good Luck.
    Scott

4. Mike

MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,564
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    There are different levels/classes of skimmers. In my opinion the prism is an average skimmer. With skimmers you get what you pay for and the prism is about middle of the road. Gets the job done and definitely better than no skimmer.