Has Anyone Shopped At Aquarium Co-op Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by Cherie G, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Cherie G

Cherie GWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +572
    Experience:
    4 years
    Hi everyone,
    I, like many, am addicted to podcasts and I found one on fish keeping which I am enjoying. One of the hosts owns Aquarium Co-op which sells fish keeping supplies. You can buy from them on line but I don't know if there is a physical store too or what. Well anyways has anyone purchased from them on line and if so how were they? I hadn't seen them mentioned here before but was curious if anyone was familiar with them. Thanks!!

2. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +493
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Yes. Bought my Bug Bites, Omega One (I think), plant scissors and tweezers, gang valves, "waffle ball" shrimp cave thing (though I dropped one 5 minutes after opening it... Still haven't tried gluing it together), what else... Oh yeah, Easy Green and Easy Green Nano, intake sponge, spiderwood package.
    The physical store is in Washington.
    I've mentioned them here a lot and his video on the nitrogen cycle is my go-to for new people or those who don't understand the basics of cycling. I also reference some videos regarding filters.
    Products are usually shipped the day I order and I get them within a few days. I've seen some people get them the day of the order or day after, but they must be closer or something. I'm only a state down but with how USPS is setup...
    I haven't ordered their plants yet.
    I haven't needed to use it, but their customer service is great.
    I watch his livestreams, too.

3. OP
    OP
    Cherie G

Ratings:
    +572
    Experience:
    4 years
    Good to know, thanks!! I think I will give them a try. I'm looking for some plants and other stuff so it's a good opportunity to do that. I forgot about the videos, they were mentioned on the podcast, have to check those out too! Thanks again!

4. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +493
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    No problem. They've semi-recently done away with sales and discount codes in favor of keeping prices low to begin with, but sometimes they have overstock sales. He really puts a lot of time and effort into being an ethical but smart business and looking out for customers and doesn't sell things he hasn't used and/or tested before. This is clear in the videos.

5. FrostedFlakes

FrostedFlakesWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +543
    Experience:
    2 years
    I usually get my plants from them. Always come in good condition :)

6. wishkahryan

wishkahryanValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +17
    Experience:
    1 year
    Yea there is a actual store in seattle washington I have been wanting to go there but it over 2 hours away.

7. 12Cin12

12Cin12Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +191
    Experience:
    1 year
    In addition to the above kudos- I recently recieved my shipment from Aquarium co-op. I placed my order on thursday afternoon and by SATURDAY the box was in my hands - and I live in GA! I've ordered several plants from them and they all arrived extremely well packaged. I think you would be impressed by the care they take. Oh yeah, I just placed my second order for Easy Green.

8. 12Cin12

12Cin12Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +191
    Experience:
    1 year
    Only 2 hours? I would drive 2 hours to see his store and buy his fish. I've even toyed with the idea of making a pilgrimage/ road trip. I gotta see his giant puffer Murphy!

9. wishkahryan

wishkahryanValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +17
    Experience:
    1 year
    Yea its about 2 hours I'll make my way up there soon. there are alot of great fish stores in the area too.

10. OP
    OP
    Cherie G

Ratings:
    +572
    Experience:
    4 years
    I ordered several plants, cholla wood, root tabs and easy Green. Can't wait to get my stuff. :D Wish I wasn't on the opposite side of the country or I would check out the store.

11. OP
    OP
    Cherie G

Ratings:
    +572
    Experience:
    4 years
    So excited, just tracked my package and looks like I should get it tomorrow! It feels like Christmas in August!