Has anyone ordered from Gem Coast USA?

Frisbee
So, I’ve been eyeing these red and white butterfly telescopes that are on sale at gem coast USA, and I was this close to ordering one, but then I read some bad reviews about Gem coast. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has ordered from them before, and if so, what is your experience?

I’m trying to avoid going to petco, but I’m getting discouraged because everywhere either charges an arm and a leg or has bad reviews.

Betta'sAnonymous
Even pizza gets bad reviews, so i usually ignore them lol

Natalie666
Read both sides. Ig it seems like the bad reviews are more recent than the good ones, id look for other places. Stuff that mentions disease and poor packaging is a red flag.

Frisbee
I was just wondering if anyone has experience with them. Yeah, everywhere will get some bad reviews, but Gem Coast only has 3 stars on google, so it was worrying me a little. I don’t really want to be out on a $30 order, but I don’t want to go to the local petco either. I can’t find anywhere else that has good reviews and decent prices. I would order from wet spot, but they don’t have very many goldfish options and they have some bad reviews too.

I’m trying to discern what reviews are genuinely bad customer service, and what ones are just rubbish from beginners and bad fish owners.

Natalie666
Frisbee said:
I was just wondering if anyone has experience with them. Yeah, everywhere will get some bad reviews, but Gem Coast only has 3 stars on google, so it was worrying me a little. I don’t really want to be out on a $30 order, but I don’t want to go to the local petco either. I can’t find anywhere else that has good reviews and decent prices. I would order from wet spot, but they don’t have very many goldfish options and they have some bad reviews too.

I’m trying to discern what reviews are genuinely bad customer service, and what ones are just rubbish from beginners and bad fish owners.
Yea reading those kinds of reviews make me cringe-“my new neon fish died after i put it into a bowl with my sucker fish and betta why did that happen Im so sad</3”

Back on topic, heres a thread on reddit where a user asked a similar question. The fish being talked about are mainly bettas

https://www.reddit.com/r/bettafish/comments/hewync
And Heres an (older) thread on ordering goldies from a goldfish forum i found.

Hope that is of some use until someone whos had first hand experience on this forum responds

Frisbee
Yeah, it seems like it’s hit or miss. Most people have mixed feelings about them. It’s either “bad fish, nice service” or “nice fish, bad service”

I’m torn, I’m afraid to risk it, but I also kind of want to try it.

Does anyone have any recommendations of other sites that have goldies that aren’t an arm and a leg? I’ve been checking out different places.

Live aquaria is pretty popular, but they are also one of the main suppliers for petco, which makes me question buying from them.

Wet spot doesn’t even have any goldfish in right now.

king koi and goldfish is super pricey

Overnight koi is kinda pricey and doesn’t have a lot of options

East coat ranchu only has really expensive fish.

Most other sites are kinda shady.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom