Has anyone kept this fish? Question

1. cichlidmac

cichlidmac Well Known Member Member

I can't find much info on Distichodus decemmaculatus. Has anyone kept or have any info on this species?

2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    cichlidmac

I found some info they are the only dwarf in this family of huge fish. I want this fish for my biotope! Found a guy in Europe who bought 3. I can't find anything in the states:(

I may just go with Distichodus affinis they stay pretty small also.

4. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

If you really want some maybe contact Rouge about it... he has friends in, seemingly, high fish related places... he maybe able to give you a hand in tracking a few down :) who knows maybe you will become a US breeder for them :) they look cool after all!!!

5. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi,
    I've PM'd Rogue, hopefully he'll swing by shortly.

Too, if you've decided this is a species you want, why not post a Want to Buy in the Buy/Sell/Trade/Free forum.... never know, you might have some luck.

Might also be worth trying to contact Harpua2002 - she breeds many species, and may have some contacts too.

6. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Hiya,

I've kept this species before. What all did you want to know?

Finding them in the US is pretty difficult. They aren't all that popular in the hobby... anywhere really. I'll take a look around to see if I can find any.

7. OP
    OP
    cichlidmac

Would be appreciated I start cycling the tank today. Thanks rogue

8. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

No problem. I talked to two of my sources that I know kept these fish before and they said they didn't have any extra but did direct me to some other people. We'll see what happens. Any ideas on how many you were wanting?

9. OP
    OP
    cichlidmac