Has anyone kept SLIM bodied goldfish with swordtails and/or platys?

MrFishkeeper1

I was wondering if anyone had successfully kept goldfish with swordtails and/or platy fish? Please dont tell me that the tempature is too cold I am going to keep the temp at 70-74 degrees and I will be mixing variatus with the swordtails to make them a little more cold hardy. I am saying platy as they are very versatile similar as far as parameters go.

mimo91088

I toss my platy and guppy culls in with the goldfish. A good amount of the small ones get eaten. But if they manage to survive to adult size then they do just fine in there.

Upvote 0

Rockymountainstream

I have a decent size gold fish in with some guppies. As soon as the gold fish found out that he could not eat them and the guppies realise that they were not going to be eaten. They get along just fine. There are some inherent problems with it. Making sure that the gold fish doesn't eat all the food before the other get a chance is the biggest.

Upvote 0

MrFishkeeper1

I have a decent size gold fish in with some guppies. As soon as the gold fish found out that he could not eat them and the guppies realise that they were not going to be eaten. They get along just fine. There are some inherent problems with it. Making sure that the gold fish doesn't eat all the food before the other get a chance is the biggest.

Thank you I was hoping not to get bashed, if guppies are fine then im sure the swordtails will be too. From the platys I have seeing they go nuts during feeding time and the fact the swirdtails can range from 4-6 inches. I think they will be fine and shouldn't have much trouble competing with the golffish for food.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
Soxrobin
  • Question
Replies
Views