Has Anyone Kept Forktail Or Spotted Blue Eye Rainbows?

jehorton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just ordered 6 of each and don’t see too much in them anywhere. Wondering if anyone has had experience with them.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nope but the P gertrudae (and P luminatus) are on my short list. P furcatus are beautiful too.

Post some pics when you get them!

jehorton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm keeping furcatus now. 6x (2 male, 4 female) in a 20 gallon.
I now have the same as well but also gertrudae as well in my 55. They are great other than sometimes picky. What do you feed em?

Hnaef

Valued Member
Reaction score
Finely crumbled flake food--- they took a few days to learn to take it from the surface but they're quick learners and they now crowd around the front of the tank when it looks like I'm going to feed them. I also use Fluval bug bites (the tiny size) as treats. I've watched them hunt small swimming organisms and I think they'd eat any kind of infusoria you happened to have--- they forage all over the tank, including the bottom, although they can't pick up food off the substrate. They have very small mouths though--- I threw a full-sized flake in there once and one of them ran off with it and tried to eat it, but kept having to spit it out.

jehorton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Finely crumbled flake food--- they took a few days to learn to take it from the surface but they're quick learners and they now crowd around the front of the tank when it looks like I'm going to feed them. I also use Fluval bug bites (the tiny size) as treats. I've watched them hunt small swimming organisms and I think they'd eat any kind of infusoria you happened to have--- they forage all over the tank, including the bottom, although they can't pick up food off the substrate. They have very small mouths though--- I threw a full-sized flake in there once and one of them ran off with it and tried to eat it, but kept having to spit it out.
I see the same thing as far as trying to take while flakes haha. But they are great to watch and I wondered about the Fluval bug bites but my LFS only had med-large

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom