Has Anyone Had Trouble Keeping A Bnp With Black Cory's?

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Damo2439, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Damo2439

Damo2439New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my BNP for around a month now and had no trouble up until last few days when I've noticed it's being very aggressive towards my black cory's at feeding time but totally leaves my false spotted cory's alone, could my BNP be mistaking my black Cory's for other or BNP or could there be another explanation? Tia

2. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Whats a BNP? What size tank? What species are the "black corys" how many of each kind of corys do you have?

3. OP
    OP
    Damo2439

Damo2439New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry bristle nose plec, 180ltr tank, black Venezuelan Cory is all I know it by, and I have 5 of each

4. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,982
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    It could just be a case of mistaken identity, I've only had a Bn with adolfoi & he didn't like them going near him very much.
    Btw your corys are C.schultzei sp. black, Venezuelan is just a made up trade name as they've never been anywhere near Venezuela, they're a man made variety.

5. OP
    OP
    Damo2439

Damo2439New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help, should I rehome the bn? The corys are my fave fish in the tank and I don't want them getting stressed out and ill, it only seems a problem at feeding time as the bristle nose comes down from the sides of the tank and becomes instantly aggressive towards only the sp. blacks

6. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,982
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Corys are my favourite fish too so I rehomed my Bn as I have no tanks without corys. If you have another tank suitable for the bn that has no corys you could move him to that, if not then rehoming is possibly the best option.

7. OP
    OP
    Damo2439

Damo2439New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Shame the bn is a cool fish but looks like it's gonna have to be rehomed :-/ thanks for your help