Has anyone had any experience with this betta log?

Hannah1064

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this for my betta who is in a 5 gallon. I'd just like to know if this is a good product and whether or not I should get it :)
08B54740-4D4B-4C9C-A333-F2ACB39F37F4.jpeg

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It could be fun for your betta, just make sure you check it for sharp edges. Your betta may or may not use it depending on it's personality.
In a 5 gallon, make sure it isn't in the tank 24/7 because a 5 gallon is pretty small. Leave it in the tank for 20-30 minutes at a time 2-3 times a day.

OP
Hannah1064

Hannah1064

Reaction score
AquaticQueen said:
It could be fun or your betta, just make sure you check it for sharp edges. Your betta may or may not use it depending on it's personality.
In a 5 gallon, make sure it isn't in the tank 24/7 because a 5 gallon is pretty small. Leave it in the tank for 20-30 minutes at a time 2-3 times a day.
Okay, I wanted to get him something that would float near the surface because he recently cut his fin. I'll be sure to check for sharp edges, thank you!

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could also look into one of those suction cup leaves that you just stick to the glass of the aquarium. It takes up less space and he would be able to relax on it. Plus, you could condition him to lay on it by feeding above where the leaf is.

Desi

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have that exact one and my betta loves it. No sharp edges.

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
VeiltailKing said:
You could also look into one of those suction cup leaves that you just stick to the glass of the aquarium. It takes up less space and he would be able to relax on it. Plus, you could condition him to lay on it by feeding above where the leaf is.
I have one of those, my fish keeps knocking it down somehow. I may have gotten one with a bad suction cup.

Why not buy an anubias plant and let it float?

jasmine-smith

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've seen a couple videos of the betta jumping on top of the log instead of swimming inside. Of course, if that happens you can just remove it

OP
Hannah1064

Hannah1064

Reaction score
JettsPapa said:
The female betta in my 40 gallon breeder tank likes to rest in the crowns of the water wisteria. Just a thought in case you want an option to fake stuff.
That sounds promising, does water wisteria have to planted in a certain substrate?

OP
Hannah1064

Hannah1064

Reaction score
Fisheye said:
Can you post a picture of your tank?

I agree with those who suggested adding live plants-any kind that will do well in your setup.
I can, here you go! If I got it, I would put it in the back left corner. You can't really tell with this pic but it's empty over there. I have a leave already but I was thinking abt replacing it with the log.

image.jpg

Fisheye

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for posting a pic!

Have you done a snag test on all those plastic plants?

He will rest on the plants at the surface-not buying the log or leaf will save money. Aren't you posting about setting up a 10 gallon with sand, etc??

OP
Hannah1064

Hannah1064

Reaction score
Fisheye said:
Thanks for posting a pic!

Have you done a snag test on all those plastic plants?

He will rest on the plants at the surface-not buying the log or leaf will save money. Aren't you posting about setting up a 10 gallon with sand, etc??
Yes I tested the plants. Although, I didn't have a panty hose thingy so I used a wet tissue. It didn't tear on any of them. Okay, I was just considering getting something else close to the surface since he cut his fin on a decoration ( that I have now removed). Yes, I posted some stuff about a ten gallon, but since the log was so cheap i was just considering it :)

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A great and free alternative to a floating log is a curl of birch bark (rinsed before adding). My old betta thought it was the best thing in the world.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 10.42.28 PM.png

OP
Hannah1064

Hannah1064

Reaction score
SM1199 said:
A great and free alternative to a floating log is a curl of birch bark (rinsed before adding). My old betta thought it was the best thing in the world.
That's really cool!!! I'll have to look for that :)

ArtFish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have two of them, (different tanks) they often drift under the filter where the flow is and betta won’t go.
I glued mine to the suction cup leaf with string so it would stay in one place.
But my betta loves it... when it actually stays in one place.

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ghelfaire said:
I have one of those, my fish keeps knocking it down somehow. I may have gotten one with a bad suction cup.
Mine actually does the same thing. Might be a product flaw.

thefishn00b

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i used the betta leaf but my betta does not seem to enjoy it he likes laying on the heater though :)

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom