Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Has Anyone Found The Best Magnifying Glass For Physical Fish Examination? Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by iIHaveFishQuestions, Mar 23, 2019.

1. iIHaveFishQuestionsNew MemberMember

I have 3 rando magnifying glasses that are okay, but I was wondering if anyone has found a BETTER way to look at fish and other stuff in the aquarium up close besides taking a bajillion pictures on the cell phone camera. I would love to know if anyone has product they use or have used in the past they recommend. Has anyone used a jeweler's loupe? or some of those magnifying glasses you can wear? I'm gonna try to include a photo so you can see what my cell phone camera does as far as being able to view stuff up close. I'm just curious if there's anything out there that'll do better? THanks :)
    MVIMG_20190308_213142.jpg

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

You may be able to pick up a pair of cheap very strong cheater reader glasses. 3.0-4.0 strength. i like my 1.50 when i'm looking at my tanks. its like HD when i have them on . may i ask what size tank that is? it looks amazing with the setup and variety of fish you have in there...

3. iIHaveFishQuestionsNew MemberMember

a better 'up close' photo GUPPY.jpg

would that be on Amazon? i will check it out
    thanks so much, I am totally obsessive with the fish tank. it's a 60 gallon and it's overstocked. I need to rehome some marble mollies... i had an unsuccessful first try at shipping some a few months ago, and i know what i did wrong, but i've been hesitant to retry

4. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

You should be able to find them most anywhere. dollar stores , home improvement stores, convenience stores, supermarkets, and yes im positive you could get them on Amazon.. What can we not get from there :)

5. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Interesting question. I never thought about a magnifying glass.

I use macro camera gear.