Question Has Anyone Found The Best Magnifying Glass For Physical Fish Examination?

Aquaridiot

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have 3 rando magnifying glasses that are okay, but I was wondering if anyone has found a BETTER way to look at fish and other stuff in the aquarium up close besides taking a bajillion pictures on the cell phone camera. I would love to know if anyone has product they use or have used in the past they recommend. Has anyone used a jeweler's loupe? or some of those magnifying glasses you can wear? I'm gonna try to include a photo so you can see what my cell phone camera does as far as being able to view stuff up close. I'm just curious if there's anything out there that'll do better? THanks
MVIMG_20190308_213142.jpg

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You may be able to pick up a pair of cheap very strong cheater reader glasses. 3.0-4.0 strength. I like my 1.50 when i'm looking at my tanks. its like HD when I have them on . may I ask what size tank that is? it looks amazing with the setup and variety of fish you have in there...

OP
Aquaridiot

Aquaridiot

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
a better 'up close' photo
GUPPY.jpg" data-xf-init="lightbox" data-lb-single-image="1" data-lb-container-zoom="1" data-lb-trigger=".js-lbImage-attachment540165" data-lb-id="attachment540165">
GUPPY.jpg

kallililly1973 said:
You may be able to pick up a pair of cheap very strong cheater reader glasses. 3.0-4.0 strength. I like my 1.50 when i'm looking at my tanks. its like HD when I have them on . may I ask what size tank that is? it looks amazing with the setup and variety of fish you have in there...
would that be on Amazon? I will check it out
thanks so much, I am totally obsessive with the fish tank. it's a 60 gallon and it's overstocked. I need to rehome some marble mollies... I had an unsuccessful first try at shipping some a few months ago, and I know what I did wrong, but i've been hesitant to retry

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You should be able to find them most anywhere. dollar stores , home improvement stores, convenience stores, supermarkets, and yes I'm positive you could get them on Amazon.. What can we not get from there

New Threads