Has Anyone Ever... ?

Waterhobit

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
For several years now I have been tossing around an idea for a rather unique aquarium.

Has anyone here ever set up an aquarium mimicking a mountain stream?

I'm imagining a long tank with a very high flow rate across the tank, consisting of a series of shallow whitewater and deep-ish pools with calmer water. The dimensions of a 33 long seem perfect. This seems to me like a perfect tank for some white cloud mountain minnows, hillstream loaches, hummingbird tetras, and freshwater gobies.

I've seen some pretty cool hillstream tanks, but none that are extreme enough to create whitewater, like a mountain stream.

Here are some photos I grabbed from google that sort of capture the environment I would like to replicate:
1 (1).jpg
1.jpg
an-underwater-view-of-a-mountain-stream-showing-water-turbulence-snowdonia-FDKRER.jpg
me8992678-water-flowing-slow-motion-over-rocks-forest-river-united-states-hd-a0380.jpg
underwater-landscape-within-a-mountain-stream-showing-water-turbulence-E463AY.jpg

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A few have, such as using partitions and the fish would 'jump' or swim over. Theres a few vids of such tanks on YouTube. Interesting idea IMO.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom