Has Anyone Been Able To Figure Out How To Transfer White Worms

UnderwaterGalaxy
Into new soil?

As you can see one of my containers is pretty much at it's maximum capacity. The soil has became poop and I need an efficient way to get most of the worms out and replace the soil. What's the trick?

QQc7efJ.jpg

Bryangar
Scoop as much as you can with a plastic spoon, clean out the container, fill it with new soil and they should multiply in a few days.

FishWithTim
What are white worms used for? Never heard of them or feeding them to anything.

UnderwaterGalaxy
The worms on the surface of the container and soil should be pretty easy to scoop up. But what about the masses deep in the soil? How do you draw them out of the soil? There are thousands of them underneath the surface.

UnderwaterGalaxy
To feed the fish. All of my fish go crazy for them. Gouramis, rainbows, loaches, tetras and cory's all love them.

Bryangar
Fish food.

The worms on the surface of the container and soil should be pretty easy to scoop up. But what about the masses deep in the soil? How do you draw them out of the soil? There are thousands of them underneath the surface.
When you start a new colony, you usually only use what you can get and throw away the rest.

UnderwaterGalaxy
Well that sucks. Is it simply because it's hard to get them out of the soil or do they not live long and will most likely die off in masses in the new soil?

Bryangar
Well that sucks. Is it simply because it's hard to get them out of the soil or do they not live long and will most likely die off in masses in the new soil?
They start to get sour after a while. How often do you change out the soil?

MWR
Make four or five new cultures - add worms/media to new cultures and you will not lose anything.

UnderwaterGalaxy
Well I started the culture about 5 months ago and about 2 months into it I divided the culture into two separate containers at which time I added new soil to the original culture. This will be my second time changing soil in the original culture. The second culture is catching up but the soil still looks to be fresh.

UnderwaterGalaxy
Make four or five new cultures - add worms/media to new cultures and you will not lose anything.
Don't have the space for any more containers. I have them in a small fridge.

MWR
You could probably make some $$$ selling cultures here or on Aquabid.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TheBettaSushi
Top Bottom