Has any Aussie seen Sparklling Gourami for sale? Question

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by claudicles, Apr 2, 2010.

1. c

claudicles Well Known Member Member

These guys look really cute and I have a small tank that would be prefect for one. I have seen them for sale mail order but I'm a bit nervous about that. Are there any Aussies who have bought these guys anywhere, mail order even?

2. R

Rhan Well Known Member Member

I've seen them at my LFS, but I haven't actually owned any myself. They look so cute! I might get them one day, when my stocking allows for it.

Try asking a good LFS if they can order them in for you.

3. OP
    OP
    c

Thanks. Good idea. I need to pop into my favourite fish shop today so I'll ask. It would probably work out cheaper than mail order too. The place I saw chanrged $17.50 flat fee no matter how many fish you ordered.

4. Pandora

Pandora Valued Member Member

The store I work at has them in pretty regularly (you're in Sydney right?)
    It's Aquadisiac, in Surrey Hills, just a short walk from Central Station. I was actually setting up my 15 gal for them, but found some Betta rutilans so the plan's changed some!

5. OP
    OP
    c

Oh cool! That is fabulous. I'm in Grose Vale, about 70km from the city, but a trip down then a trip back with a fish in an esky (cooler for non Aussies) to keep the temperature stable sounds better then a trip via Australia post. My LFS is part of a chain and the local manager says he doesn't have any control over the stock. I guess I had better call first and make sure you have them.

6. Pandora

Yeah, I think there were a few left last time I was in, but they're usually available from the supplier so can always order them if you call up and express interest! I think they do orders every couple of weeks, and the last one came in Wednesday... so could probably have them in for the week after next if the short week doesn't change things.

7. OP
    OP
    c

That would work out well because this week is busy for me but I'll have a bit of time Wednesday and Friday the next week - hopefully. I should have time to call tomorrow.

edit: oops, I mean Tuesday

Edit 2: I've found somewhere closer. Bit of a fluke actually. Local pet shop I've bought dog food in but I assumed it was too small for fish. Turns out they have two back rooms full of fish and the guy is really keen. He is going to order some in for me. He also has a whole bunch of unusual cat fish and quite a few other fish I haven't seen in any of the bigger shops. Funny how exploring your own back yard works out sometimes!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  8. Pandora

Nice! Glad you found some! They're such pretty fish... never saw them back in Canada, but seems they're more common here or something. I almost wish I was getting them still, but my little rutilans are pretty great too. Definitely take pics when you have them :)

9. OP
    OP
    c

You bet. I've set up the tank with dark substrate and lots of plants so hopefully it will show up well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice