Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons Fans?

DrogJustDrog

I recently picked up Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town and my life has been consumed! My first Harvest Moon game was Harvest Moon a New Beginning which I assume was actually some time during Marvelous! and Natsume's spilt. If I am wrong on that please correct me.

Please tell me about your farms or any interesting personal experiences you've had with these games! Or maybe you're someone who has no idea what I am talking about but thinks this might be something that interests you. In that case I or someone else could probably point you to some title to seek and start out with.

Betta'sAnonymous

I was hopelessly addicted to the very first Harvest Moon on SNES...then a bit later the first Harvest Moon that came out for the Gameboy systems. But by far, my favorite is Harvest Moon: Back to Nature on the PS1.

AggressiveAquatics

I have no idea what this is can you explain

DrogJustDrog

AggressiveAquatics said:
I have no idea what this is can you explain
Okay... Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons is a video game franchise made by the developers Marvelous!. Every game is a farm and life simulator. Recently Marvelous! Split with the publisher Natsume, which kept the rights to the name Harvest Moon so now they've changed the games' name to Story of Seasons. There is a fantasy spin-off called Rune Factory which actually has the tag-line "A Fantasy Harvest Moon" if you prefer "fantasy" to "farming". I've never played those or met anyone who has.

AggressiveAquatics

I would try it but I’m not into stuff that I get addicted to... wait I keep fish

DrogJustDrog

AggressiveAquatics said:
I would try it but I’m not into stuff that I get addicted to... wait I keep fish
For me, it's more of an on-and-off thing. I'll get real into it for a few days to a month and then put it down when I've exhausted it. Then pick it back up when I'm ready.

BlackOsprey

Does Stardew Valley count? I've been addicted for the last month or so. I'm currently trying to create sturgeon farm to produce caviar.

Pfrozen

I put several hundred hours into Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for the Nintendo Gamecube back in the day. It was my favorite game for a long time. But now I feel like a dinosaur

DrogJustDrog

Pfrozen said:
I put several hundred hours into Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for the Nintendo Gamecube back in the day. It was my favorite game for a long time. But now I feel like a dinosaur
Heh, I WISH I could've played those older games! I think we do own those older consoles but my brother has a strong hold on them. That and they probably don't work anymore.
BlackOsprey said:
Does Stardew Valley count? I've been addicted for the last month or so. I'm currently trying to create sturgeon farm to produce caviar.
I think so? I've heard before at least that Stardew Valley was inspired by Harvest Moon. The properties seem similar enough, I just know Stardew Valley is more story heavy.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom