29 Gallon Tank HARPUA2002-Not FOWLR Anymore:)

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Attached are a few pics of my "Not So FOWLR" tank.

I got some pics of some of the things we were talking about last night. The frogspawn won't be doing his "total bloom" for another hour (he's moody), but you can tell he's happy.

Attachments

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Awesome pics!!!!!!! That frogspawn has grown since you took it home, and the mushie and polyps look happy too. ;D

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
WOW BB those are amazing! how many WPG does frogspawn need im doin some research into saltwater...

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow, I just noticed the second pic! Those polyps are spreading for sure, and WOW they have colored up! Pat yourself on the back, you have VERY happy corals!

@Josh- WPG really won't give you an accurate idea on what will work for SW. BB is using a 2x24W T5 HO fixture for her corals over a 29 gallon tank. This is MUCH different than the twin tube normal output fluorescent fixtures that may have similar wattage. Her fixture comes with one actinic bulb and one 10000K bulb, that's why there is a blue look to the pics. This fixture is great for some of the easy LPS corals like frogspawn and other euphyllia species, as well as easy soft corals like mushrooms, zoanthids, palythoas, etc.

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
ok how well would a 65 watt 50/50 (im sure you know but a 10000K part and an Atinic bulb with a 420NM range) Power Compact bulb do in a 29 gallon like i would set up?

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The 48W HO T5 light that BB uses puts out a lot more light than a 65W PC bulb. This is kind of where I was going with the whole "not relying on WPG" thing.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank you both very much

Harpua-I'm tickled that they're so happy. I really appreciate your help, generosity, and patience with me. I was terrified of the salty world, but it's not so scary anymore. The funny thing about the frogspawn-that's not his full spread. He gets bigger after he's awake for a bit. His tents are everywhere.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom