Harlequin Rasbora's Community in 68 gallon tank?

vicallas

Hi everyone,

My 68-gallon tank has finished cycling but I still cannot make up my mind what kind of fish I would like to make the community tank. I am certain that I will add 10-12 Harlequin Rasboras (I am so in love with them!) and am considering 6-8 Panda Corys as well. What else would you add? I have easy access to Guppys and Caridina shrimps (kept in my other tank and breeding like crazy) but I am open to all options as long as they are compatible with the rasboras. So the stock would be:
* 10-12 Harlequin Rasboras
* 6-8 Panda Corys
* ???

vicallas

Thanks! I was very keen on Angelfish but have read many horror stories of them feasting on rasboras so wouldn't want to risk it... I Will read more about pearl gouramis though.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Welcome to the forum.

I like the suggestion about pearl gouramis. They're beautiful fish, and much more peaceful than many other gourami species. Also, the longer I keep fish the more I like fewer kinds of fish in a tank, with more of each type. With that in mind, here's what I'd suggest.
  • 3-5 pearl gouramis, with females outnumbering males if possible
  • 15-18 harlequin rasboras
  • 8-10 panda corys

Upvote 0

vicallas

Welcome to the forum.

I like the suggestion about pearl gouramis. They're beautiful fish, and much more peaceful than many other gourami species. Also, the longer I keep fish the more I like fewer kinds of fish in a tank, with more of each type. With that in mind, here's what I'd suggest.
  • 3-5 pearl gouramis, with females outnumbering males if possible
  • 15-18 harlequin rasboras
  • 8-10 panda corys

Thank you so much for the advice!
The tank has finished cycling and I already have 11 harlequin rasboras schooling around, such a beautiful fish. 8 little pandas are in a quarantine tank filling up their bellies and waiting for their turn to join them. Meanwhile, I am scouting LFS in my area to see who has the best quality stock of pearl gouramis. I am sure it will look so beautiful when everyone joins.
Just wanted to thank and share if someone else would have a similar dilemma.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishillyme
  • Question
Replies
Views
MonsterGar
Replies
Views
Megaanemp