Question Harlequin Rasbora White Spot On Mouth

Hyperion007

Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently introduced 6 harlequin rasbora to my newly cycled 29 gallon tank. Current stock is 2 platies (in tank for 3 weeks) and 6 harlequin rasbora (5 days).

Water parameter:
Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10 ppm. PH 7.6 and Temp at 80 degrees.

I noticed one of the harlequin has a white spot on the tip of its mouth. I've searched the internet and read it might be just scar tissue and not fungus or disease. Can anyone who has harlequin chime in if this is normal? The fish seems to be doing well, no signs of stress and eating regularly. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

johnbirg

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can just about guarantee that it is mouth fungus. BTW check the platies carefully because they are very prone to it. Just to be safe I would treat the tank with a good fungus cure. It may not fix the harleqin but it can't hurt either.
Hope it all goes well!

OP
H

Hyperion007

Reaction score
johnbirg said:
Can just about guarantee that it is mouth fungus. BTW check the platies carefully because they are very prone to it. Just to be safe I would treat the tank with a good fungus cure. It may not fix the harleqin but it can't hurt either.
Hope it all goes well!
Thank you for the information. I've been dosing melafix for two days and I'll keep dosing as instructed.

New Threads