Harlequin Rasbora in 7.6 PH

Reyes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would like to add a group of Harlequins to my 26g tank. Right now I have a group of 8 Corydoras Aeneus and I am just waiting for the plants to grow enough to make the Rasboras comfortable.

I checked my Ph yesterday on the API test and it reads 7.6, the same as the tap water. Does that mean the water is too alkaline for the Harlequins? Anyone has experience keeping them in water with levels higher than 7.0?

I really appreciate all your answers

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My PH is also 7.6 and I keep harlequin rasboras in one tank and tetras in the other two and everybody is fine and has been for about a year. Alison

Reyes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks to the 3 of you for the answers! I am delighted to see some of you have good experiences with this

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You're welcome. I really enjoy my Harlequins. Very peaceful hardy fish IMO and they are very pretty. Alison

JeffK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They'll be fine - I had Harlequins for over 2 years in a pH of 8.1 with no problems at all - they're great fish!

Reyes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is the reason I have decided to get Harlequins as opposed to maybe Tetras or Celestial Pearls, aliray, they seem to be the most peaceful of all schoaling fish I've found and hardy too.

Paul1976

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yep! Harley's are cool little fish,I have a school of 8 with a tank PH of 7.6 and they're doing great.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom