Harlequin Rasbora in 7.6 PH

Discussion in 'Harlequin Rasbora' started by Reyes, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Reyes

Reyes Valued Member Member

I would like to add a group of Harlequins to my 26g tank. Right now I have a group of 8 Corydoras Aeneus and I am just waiting for the plants to grow enough to make the Rasboras comfortable.

I checked my Ph yesterday on the API test and it reads 7.6, the same as the tap water. Does that mean the water is too alkaline for the Harlequins? Anyone has experience keeping them in water with levels higher than 7.0?

I really appreciate all your answers:)

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

They should get used to any pH. I'm keeping them in 7.6 pH and they are doing fine

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

My PH is also 7.6 and I keep harlequin rasboras in one tank and tetras in the other two and everybody is fine and has been for about a year. Alison

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

The water is fine for them.....

5. OP
    OP
    Reyes

Thanks to the 3 of you for the answers! I am delighted to see some of you have good experiences with this:)

6. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

You're welcome. I really enjoy my Harlequins. Very peaceful hardy fish IMO and they are very pretty. Alison

7. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

They'll be fine - I had Harlequins for over 2 years in a pH of 8.1 with no problems at all - they're great fish!

8. OP
    OP
    Reyes

That is the reason I have decided to get Harlequins as opposed to maybe Tetras or Celestial Pearls, aliray, they seem to be the most peaceful of all schoaling fish I've found and hardy too.

9. P

Paul1976 New Member Member

Yep! Harley's are cool little fish,I have a school of 8 with a tank PH of 7.6 and they're doing great. :)

10. y

yelirrr New Member Member

My harlequins have lived happily in 8.0 ph for 5 months! Great fish!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice