Harlequin Rasbora Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by strong style, Aug 13, 2015.

1. strong styleValued MemberMember

I bought a school of Harlequin Rasboras today. I've just noticed that all of them have some reddish color near the anus. Some are redder than others. I've attached an image, I'll try to get a better one.
    FullSizeRender.jpg

Is the red coloration at this location normal for the species? Nothing is protruding like Cammalanus but I'm still very paranoid. Any diagnosis is appreciated, as if there's a problem, I'd like to return them ASAP.

Thank you.

Edit (more pictures, I circled the area of red coloration):
    IMG_1643.JPGIMG_1644.JPGIMG_1647.JPG

One of the fish pooped, and the spot faded some. Could it just be poop?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. strong styleValued MemberMember

It seems the spots have cleared up on all fish. It looks like it is poop. I suspected that so I didn't feed them to clear the bellies and see what happened.

3. strong styleValued MemberMember

Another question. One of my rasboras left eye, from the back, is protruding slightly, enough that I can discern a difference between eyes. The eye looks normal looking at the front of the fish. It looks slightly larger looking at the side. Looking from the back, I can see the metallic silver line of the eye protruding slightly. Is this pop eye? Ammonia is 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5 ppm. The fish is active. The lens isn't swollen, but I've red problems can occur behind the eye itself. I'll try to get a picture, but the description I've given hopefully is enough. Emergency help, please!

4. strong styleValued MemberMember

IMG_1885.JPG

Here's a picture. The silver part is the inside side of the eye if that makes sense. It looks exaggerated in the photo, though. The condition is constant. Any opinions please?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice