Harlequin eggs help needed?

jetsetwilly76

So this morning, one of my bloated harlequins was swimming upside down under the sword leaves. She was then very active with one other male fish befire doing this again and again.

There now appears to be some eggs under the leaves.

Are they eggs?

Do they look fertile?

I read they hatch in 24 hours so what should I do?

Tank has 8 harlequins, 5 neon and 2 large upside down cats that never really leave the bottom

20220123_103652.jpg

Flyfisha

Hi,
You do not need to do anything. Nature will take care of this for you . The eggs will be eaten or the newly hatched fry will be eaten without you needing to do anything.

To raise the fry of a small species like harlequins is very time consuming as it requires lots of effort.

If you are not already organised with fry tanks and fry foods it’s a bit lat to start now.

Should you have an empty but established/ OLD tank full of plants and another with green water you could toss the leaf in the established planted swamp water tank and just wait. Even an old green bucket of dirty water might get the fry hatching in a safe place.

Seriously it’s not something you can just decide to start doing because you found a few eggs. But should you have a bucket of waste water in a warm place you will have fry in no time, but that’s just the beginning.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FLGirl
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
veggieshark
Replies
Views