10 Gallon Tank Hardy stocking for a tall 10 gallon

IHateTrimmingLillyPads

I have a cycled 10 gallon bow front that’s about 2 feet tall. I previously had a small school of black neon tetras in there but, I took them out because there wasn’t a whole lot of room for them to swim around (they’re in a 29gal and are much happier now). The question now is, what should I put in the 10 gallon.

The problems are,
1) the tank is an odd shape so relatively larger fish, like the black neons, are out of the picture as they aren’t very comfortable in that tank. I’m thinking smaller fish because less size should mean more swimming space.
2) I’m moving out of the house soon so it’ll be up to my mom to take care of her fish. That means I can’t get anything too frail as she doesn’t know much about fish keeping (she knows the nitrogen cycle and how to do a water change).

For me, what comes to mind are endlers but I don’t want them to over populate the tank. I also like the idea or some sort of micro rasbora but I don’t know how well they would do with “meh” water parameters. What do you guys think? What would be a good fit? Should I have more faith in my mom?

here’s a picture of the tank, I’ll make it look prettier once I put the fish in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 7

Silverleaf209

I think enders could work but I would probably do some Black Widow tetra's.

Cue

I wouldn’t do widows, IMO a proper school can’t be kept in a 10 gallon and there isn’t enough swimming room. Endlers can be pretty hardy, just try to get only one gender. Honestly if your mum can take care of the tank I’d let the stem plants grow out and get a bunch of shrimp, but I also really like shrimp.

Silverleaf209

I wouldn’t do widows, IMO a proper school can’t be kept in a 10 gallon and there isn’t enough swimming room. Endlers can be pretty hardy, just try to get only one gender. Honestly if your mum can take care of the tank I’d let the stem plants grow out and get a bunch of shrimp, but I also really like shrimp.
Sorry for the wrong info, Thanks Cue for correcting me.

Cue

Sorry for the wrong info, Thanks Cue for correcting me.
Absolutely no problem whatsoever, this is a learning and safe space!

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom