Hardy Fish

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

i want 2 get a few different fish this time round 4 my 2nd tank do u hav any suggestions on hardier fish or bigger fish that i can keep in my 17 gallon ??

any suggestions will b extememly helpful 2 the research im doin 2 make my new go at this gr8 hobby far better 2nd time round ??? :D

C W

2. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

well craig i think all the help you will need you will get in your other post and right now i dont think you need to wory to much about what fish you get since you will have to cycle your tank first and that will take long enough for you too do research

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

me and my dad hav decided 2 hav the 17 gallon as a cold water tank so just put a few gold fish in2 it is there any other types of fish u can put in2 a cold water tank ??????

C W

4. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I think there are a few types of loach from China or something that can live in cold water, and also there are White Cloud Mountain Minnows. Just be careful about keeping small fish with Goldies, or they might end up as lunch :p

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

hillstream loaches are coldwater, as are dojo loaches (but IMO hillstreams look more awesome ;D ) Hillstreams look like little frisbees when they have their fins spread out 8)

6. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I feel kinda dumb, what does IMO mean?... :p
    Yeah--Hillstream Loaches--that's what I was thinking of. They have them at my lfs...I wish I could get some!

7. Jason Well Known Member Member

in my opinion...........

8. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

OHHH..heh heh...I'm pretty sure I knew that :p...NOT ::)
    ::) ;)

9. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Lolz :p ;)

10. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol i always knew what imo was but then i saw people saying imho and i had no idea what the H stood for... i later thought about it and decided it must mean honest... but idk does anyone know if imho= in my honest opinion?

11. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

it can mean either humble or honest...confusing aint it

12. vin Well Known Member Member

h= honest..... ;) honestly..... ;) ;)