Hardscaping complete!

1. Phishphin

Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Hardscaping complete in my dirted tank!!
    [​IMG]

Now to plan the plant list!

2. Viriam Karo

Viriam Karo Well Known Member Member

Ooh, those are some really nice driftwood pieces! Can't wait to see with plants :D

Advertisement

3. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

3 different pieces of Manzanita :)

Advertisement

4. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Ha I was just going to ask if it was a manazanita tree lol. Looks like the stuff that grows near me :)

5. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

Yeah! Manzanita is great as it does not emit a lot of tannins and is very easy to sink.

6. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Looks really good. What will you be planting?

7. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

Adam55 , I wish I knew! I keep going back and forth. Maybe glosso up front, DHG in mid, and rotala magenta/hygro/jungle val in the back? Then I think just DHG all over and some taller crypts in the back? It's dirted with moderate light for the depth and will have CO2, so I have some options. I'm open to suggestions as I'm having a hard time deciding!

8. ppate1977

ppate1977 Well Known Member Member

I like it, looks great.

9. NCE12940

NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

Very nice! :;th

10. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

Ok! So 2 day shipping just placed with ThatPetPlace on Dwarf Subulata, Corkscrew Val, Broad Leaf Ludwiga, and Water Wisteria.

Figured those would be a good place to start!

11. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Looking good PP! Cant wait for you to add plants and fish, did you ever get your small fluval edge to carpet ?

12. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

It's been a painfully slow process with the edge. I'm still worried that once I fill it with water, the moss that has carpeted will float up up and away. If that happens, I'll just take a few deep breaths and transfer the moss to this 50 or my 15. Then, for the Fluval edge, I'll use a small piece of manzanita, some seiyu stone, and sand, for an inernt iwagumi.

13. Amzwiz87

Amzwiz87 Valued Member Member

Amazing! I want to do more intense aquascaping. However, I just don't know how to...any good sites or books?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

14. OP
    OP
    Phishphin

Takashi Amano is pretty much the guru of high tech aquascapes. Google him and you will come up with a lot of info. You may also get the bug to buy a bunch of ADA products, which are pretty much the cadilac of aquscaping products. But, if you are just looking for a car to get you from point A to point B (i.e. awesome aquascape), you don't always need a cadilac. Research "dirted" tank and you will be able to provide your aquascape with extensive nutrients. And, as always, it is a combination of light (approrpiate for plants), fertilization (both for root plants and the water column), and a source of carbon (CO2 and/or Excel) that will make your aquascape grow and look awesome.

Also, do a google image of "iwagumi" and you'll definitely get inspired.

Here is the tank after adding the plants!

[​IMG]

Advertisement