Hardscape Halp

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Namtab, Apr 18, 2017.

1. N

Namtab Well Known Member Member

Well, so I finally got a good amount of materials for my hardscape and would like some opinions on my first attempt 0418171652.jpg
    The lighting stinks, I know

I am almost thinking it would look better if I got another piece similar in size and shape the the long piece of wood and put it on the other side, thoughts?

Anything I should change? I am also thinking about ordering some smaller twigs to kind of "connect" the rocks together.

2. Inno

Inno Valued Member Member

What type of fish are you putting in?

3. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Looks good. I would stick with what you got, you don't want to make it too symmetrical with more wood on the right to match.

4. OP
    OP
    N

BN plecos, dojo loaches, gold barbs, otocinclus, peppered corys, neons, etc. ( I think I am forgetting at least one mid dwelling fish.)
    Hence the need for caves.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    N

Meaning I should fill the right side with plants?
    I am thinking a large sword of some sort.

6. Inno

Inno Valued Member Member

Id say it looks great then, the swords sounds like a good idea for the amazon feel.

7. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

agreed, a large sword would fit in well.

8. OP
    OP
    N

0420171845.jpg
    Ok, so I added a few more rocks to the top of it to add a bit more height to it (I feel that is what it was lacking)
    thoughts on it?

9. Zahc

Zahc Well Known Member Member

I like it. I think with a few tall plants (swords,val) it will add the height you are looking for and fill it in a bit more.

10. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

I really like the first setup. The 2nd one looks rather man-made with that heap of rocks, let alone dangerous if it collapses.

11. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

I like the first one more, the pile of rocks in the middle of the tank is too unnatural IMHO.
    Play around with it a bit more, you might find something you like more, and if not you can always go back.
    Here's a great video on hardscape, and I highly recommend you watch the others in this series as well!

12. OP
    OP
    N

I filled up the tank yesterday and the smaller piece o wood is floating rn, I will wait until it sinks the I will play around with it some more (also I have 5+ rocks and a large piece of wood weighting the other piece of wood)

13. OP
    OP
    N

Removed the round stone on the right side, also angled the upper rock in the center differently.

Better? Or worse.

14. OP
    OP
    N

0426170729.jpg
    Ignore the random pieces of rocks and the floating piece of wood.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice