20 Gallon Tank Hardiest corydoras?

PurpleReign19

Which species of Cory cat is the most resistant?
Thanks in advance

Coradee

As long as you start with healthy stock most corys are pretty hardy, if you’re asking which of the most commonly available corys have the widest temperature tolerance I’d have to say C.aenus.

PurpleReign19

Coradee said:
As long as you start with healthy stock most corys are pretty hardy, if you’re asking which of the most commonly available corys have the widest temperature tolerance I’d have to say C.aenus.
Are C.Panda as hardy? Thats the type I would like for my tank but I have heard that they can be pretty sensitive.

Coradee

If you can find healthy ones yes but unfortunately some do seem to have problems lately, having said that I got a group a while back & they’ve been bullet proof.
If you can find a local breeder I’d suggest getting them from there not a Lfs.

Tezzy

I’ve gotten two batches of pandas. One batch of 6 from my LFS - I lost all but 1 in the first week. I ordered another batch of 6 recently from Aquahuna, all but one made it safely across the country and are still doing well. The one I lost was DOA. They are absolutely adorable, however, and worth the effort to build a group of healthy ones.

StinkyLoaf

Are peppered cories (C. Paleatus) known for being hardy? Form my experience they‘ve proven to be durable and I currently have an old one who’s a few inches long.

Coradee

Yes peppered are as hardy as most, they are one of the larger corys & one that prefers the cooler temperatures.

PurpleReign19

Coradee said:
Yes peppered are as hardy as most, they are one of the larger corys & one that prefers the cooler temperatures.
So peppered are the hardiest?

Coradee

Not The hardiest, just as hardy as the others

malety31

From what I've heard they are all fairly hardy, though I have been warned about albino corys being slightly weaker due to popularity and excessive breading.

StinkyLoaf

malety31 said:
From what I've heard they are all fairly hardy, though I have been warned about albino corys being slightly weaker due to popularity and excessive breading.
Yeah I used to have some albinos and they did very poorly in comparison to my other cories...

PurpleReign19

Sounds like I just need to be careful acclimating them and will be good from there. Thanks for the help

Coradee

Start with healthy stock then good food, regular tank maintenance water changes etc & you could have them for 20+ years

PurpleReign19

Coradee said:
Start with healthy stock then good food, regular tank maintenance water changes etc & you could have them for 20+ years
Wow thats a great lifespan for such a little fish. Thanks for the help!

PurpleReign19

Are panda corydoras less hardy than the other corydora species?

fallfever

Fins, I think that really depends on who you ask. I have kept multiple schools (they happen to be my favorite) with no issues at all. I make sure to acclimate them well and keep them in groups, but just my experience and others have found them delicate. Peppered cories are considered very hardy and bronze/albinos, while a bit larger, are about indestructible.

PurpleReign19

fallfever said:
Fins, I think that really depends on who you ask. I have kept multiple schools (they happen to be my favorite) with no issues at all. I make sure to acclimate them well and keep them in groups, but just my experience and others have found them delicate. Peppered cories are considered very hardy and bronze/albinos, while a bit larger, are about indestructible.
So bronze are the safest bet for survival?

fallfever

You could do peppered or bronze and likely be just fine. Bronze and albinos are the same species depending on the color morph you prefer.

Cory04

My albinos are very indesrectuble. Other fish have died, but my three albinos remained alive and are now doing very well.

PurpleReign19

Cory04 said:
My albinos are very indesrectuble. Other fish have died, but my three albinos remained alive and are now doing very well.
I prefer the broze color. Guess I will stock with 3 honey gourami, 8 harlequin rasboras, and 6 bronzes

Cory04

FreshwaterFins99 said:
I prefer the broze color. Guess I will stock with 3 honey gourami, 8 harlequin rasboras, and 6 bronzes
I saw in another post that you have a 20g long. That sounds good. Good luck

PurpleReign19

Cory04 said:
I saw in another post that you have a 20g long. That sounds good. Good luck
Thanks!

PurpleReign19

Are sterbai cories hardy? Will they thrive at 76 fahrenheit? Would 6 of them work well in a 20 long with 3 honey gourami and 8 harlequin rasboras?

Thanks for answering all the questions lol

Betta'sAnonymous

They should do alright to both questions.

Coradee

Several threads have been merged, please only create one thread per topic

PurpleReign19

Coradee said:
Several threads have been merged, please only create one thread per topic
Got it
Betta'sAnonymous said:
They should do alright to both questions.
Thanks

Latest threads

Top Bottom