hardheaded 11-year old brother..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
feeds his ADF's an entire cubic centimeterish of FROZEN blood worms straight from the freezer.
My betta share's a tank with them and she always eats a bunch of them when they haven't even thawed.
This seemed fine but now idk wat to do, i've tried multiple times to get him to at least thaw the worms first, not even garlic or anything, but he won't listen because the "pet store lady" said that it's cool to just pop a cube in there every other day.

If you know my situation with the parental figures, you know that i can't get another tank to get those accursed things out.

ugh
maybe i should've let that snail eat the frog.

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh I know the feeling on the parent thing...I have 8 I take care of....parents put their foot down after the 7th........so is there anything you can do? I would try to get something a little bigger then a 2gal. Walmart has some nice 5gals. Filters are a bit strong but a DIY flow diffuser works wonders on them.

OP
S

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
report card grades just went in , so if i did good, then i can get some cash and hit up wal-mart.
But anyways, this uber rich diet of bloodworms, good or bad for my poor girly?

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Bloodworms are good, but I'm not sure about the large amount. And frozen, bettas tend to be pigs so she will be making the most of the food frenzy.
I hope they let you serparate your betta.

Can you not have the food out thawing so he has to use the thawed cube?

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Since bettas aren't all that active, they don't need to eat that much (ignore all those "feed me! I'm starving!" looks), and bloodworms are a really high protein diet. I'd go with staple flakes and use the bloodworms as a treat. But if the frogs are in the same tank...then yes, I agree with Furallicah, Walmart has really cheap 5g tanks.

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Walmart has really cheap 5g tanks.
Sure, the tanks are cheap, but it's the heater, filter, lights and decorations that break the bank lol. I'm looking for a 5 gallon tank right now also so that I could get my first ever betta but I've just been keeping an eye out on Craigslist for a good deal.

OP
S

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Success!
My dad said no more tanks in my room, so he offered to keep one in his office. I am in the process of getting a larger tank for my bettas, but for now I'll be alternating fish between the 2 gal in my room and the 1 gal in his office doing like every 4 day water changes. The ADF's won't last long the way he feeds them and keeps the water up, so pretty soon I'll have three tanks all to myself!

OP
S

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm getting my betta her own tank because of the way he feeds the frogs. hopefully it'll be set uptomorrow.
EDIT: i don't exactly fancy my brother or his frogs and the tank is his responsibility.

yesyesyesyeysyes!!!1
report cards came back, straight a's. so I'm going to wal-mart either to buy a new tank, or buy a light for my existing tank and using that for her.

EDIT: again, lol
i got Harry in a tank with the ADF's
Ginny in her own tank now,
and an empty tank...new fishies???
Anyways, Harry's tank doesn't have a light yet, but i'm workin on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.3%

Top Bottom