Hardest Peaceful Fish to Breed?

BlueRaccoon

I'm looking for the hardest fish to breed, that are also peaceful. I don't want any chance of babies. I have read that Denison Barba are hard. Do you know of any others? Or it could just be fish you actually have to put some work into breeding. I just really don't want babies.

coralbandit

Clown loaches.
But they like the Denison require large tanks.

adumsoza

harlequin rasboras are pretty difficult to breed, i have kept some for 1 year and they didn't breed and showed no signs of aggression.

FishDin

Monk fish, as they are sworn to celibacy.

jdhef

I have a tank full of male Rainbow Fish, no aggression and no breeding of course.

sslliitthheerr

I'm looking for the hardest fish to breed, that are also peaceful. I don't want any chance of babies. I have read that Denison Barba are hard. Do you know of any others? Or it could just be fish you actually have to put some work into breeding. I just really don't want babies.
get a couple female betta fish
if you have some money you can get a couple discus

BlueRaccoon

get a couple female betta fish

if you have some money you can get a couple discus
Thank you!

sslliitthheerr

Thank you!
just make sure you do female only and do plakat betta because in a comunity tank big fins will get nibbled on!
Thank you!post pictures when you finish the tank so i can see its beauty

Rose of Sharon

Um, female bettas can be quite aggressive...if you do a search for threads about bettas and betta sororities, you will see that many of them end up failing....just a heads up...

I guess if the tank was large enough and planted enough so that the line of sight is blocked, it could work, but just watch them carefully. It can go very badly very quickly...

BlueRaccoon

I know a company that sells betta sororities. They are raised together as babies. I don't know if I will ever do it, but it is definitely something I will think about. I'd always have a backup plan just in case.

MacZ

I know a company that sells betta sororities. They are raised together as babies.
Irresponsible and bordering to scam. Just because one company offers this, that does neither mean that this is appropriate to the fishes needs nor that it really works. It speaks more against them that this kind of offer is usually intentional scam or at least false advertisement. Nobody can guarantee this to work, so such an offer is impossible to hold up to.
That fish were raised together or are possibly even siblings has in my experience no effect on their behaviour as adults, species irrelevant.

sslliitthheerr

Um, female bettas can be quite aggressive...if you do a search for threads about bettas and betta sororities, you will see that many of them end up failing....just a heads up...

I guess if the tank was large enough and planted enough so that the line of sight is blocked, it could work, but just watch them carefully. It can go very badly very quickly...
i have 2 at the moment and they are not aggressive in the slightest

Rose of Sharon

i have 2 at the moment and they are not aggressive in the slightest
They are unpredictable. They are aptly named Siamese Fighting Fish....

Even the term betta splendens means "beautiful warrior".

Yes, the males are more aggressive, but I have seen with my own eyes the damage that females can do, and it is no different. It is always a best practice to have a back up plan when trying to put females together. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm glad that you don't have problems with them, and I hope it stays that way! :)

I would never recommend to someone who does not have experience in keeping bettas to start with keeping 2 or more females together.

sslliitthheerr

They are unpredictable. They are aptly named Siamese Fighting Fish....

Even the term betta splendens means "beautiful warrior".

Yes, the males are more aggressive, but I have seen with my own eyes the damage that females can do, and it is no different. It is always a best practice to have a back up plan when trying to put females together. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm glad that you don't have problems with them, and I hope it stays that way! :)

I would never recommend to someone who does not have experience in keeping bettas to start with keeping 2 or more females together.
i have 4 females 2 in each tank and i also have 2 an old 3.5 gallon and a newer 5 gallon just in case

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BlueRaccoon
Replies
Views
Zach72202
Replies
Views
Hellfishguy
Replies
Views