Hardest, Most Rewarding, Or Throw The Tank Out The Window Plants To Grow?

tommywantfishy
What are some of the hardest/most rewarding/frustrating or both... plants you have grown/attempted?
Mine was HC/Cuba. My issue was water flow. Added a small waterpump (50 gph) over my Co2 pollen diffuser and they are doing ok. But I don't want to grow them again. Watching Dennis Wong vids on youtube made me feel like an imbecile. Anyways, curious on your thoughts, & experiences.

VenomousTiger
Starting carpeting plants is a pain. They always get uprooted!

tommywantfishy
And I am not nearly patient enough for dry start method. Lol. Feel your pain.

Tsin21

And I am not nearly patient enough for dry start method. Lol. Feel your pain.
Same here! Especially if you already have fish that like to dig and look for food among plants. Aside from the carpeting plants, the brazilian pennywort is a pain for me in my main tank. It's always showing some deficiencies wherein I keep up with fertilizers, co2 & light. I dumped some in a pail outside and it's growing healthily .

Blitzar
For me it's temple compacta. I usually try to plant it last, but I also usually open up all of my plant tubes from PetsMart, and rinse off the ferts. In the two minutes it takes me to runa bunch of plants to my 20L, the TC has wilted I have it in one of my tanks, and I love it, but I hate it with a burning passion as well.

tommywantfishy
For me it's temple compacta. I usually try to plant it last, but I also usually open up all of my plant tubes from PetsMart, and rinse off the ferts. In the two minutes it takes me to runa bunch of plants to my 20L, the TC has wilted I have it in one of my tanks, and I love it, but I hate it with a burning passion as well.
Seeing that melt start is a bad feeling. Esp on expensive tc's.
I read that Ammannia senegalensis was a really hard plant to grow. Any experience with it Jocelyn Adelman ?

Jocelyn Adelman
Never tried Senegalensis....
Must frustrating
Took me a while to grow alternanthera reineckiI ‘variegated.
Common... Banana plants hate me

tommywantfishy
Never tried Senegalensis....
Must frustrating
Took me a while to grow alternanthera reineckiI ‘variegated.
Common... Banana plants hate me
Was what I read accurate? Are they hard?

Jocelyn Adelman
tommywantfishy which?

david1978
About the only thing I can grow were stringy weeds from a pond, guppy grass and duck weed. Currently I can't even grow Algea the only thing growing is the duck weed.

tommywantfishy
About the only thing I can grow were stringy weeds from a pond, guppy grass and duck weed. Currently I can't even grow Algea the only thing growing is the duck weed.
Lol. Put your tank next to a window.....algae will explode. What are your water parameters? Should be able to grow Hornwort easily, as well as moss...java, Christmas, and many other types.

david1978
I have a 20 gallon snail tank on my window sill and the snails eat it faster than it grows. That tank has big temp swings. The snails and duck weed don't seem to mind. My main tank parameters are 79*. 0-0-basically 0. Lights on 12-16 hours a day. 2 4' 6500 fluorescent tubes. Duck weed grows crazy. Lol. Would really have to thin it out to get light to the bottom.

tommywantfishy
I have a 20 gallon snail tank on my window sill and the snails eat it faster than it grows. That tank has big temp swings. The snails and duck weed don't seem to mind. My main tank parameters are 79*. 0-0-basically 0. Lights on 12-16 hours a day. 2 4' 6500 fluorescent tubes. Duck weed grows crazy. Lol. Would really have to thin it out to get light to the bottom.
Wow. I have read duckweed can take a tank over. Pretty though. Should sell me some for my mother in laws pond. Ha

tommywantfishy
david1978
Sell it lol. I can't give the stuff away. I kind of like the fake plants. Looks like a jungle but requires zero maintenance.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zer0Fame
Replies
Views
Drummindot
Top Bottom