Hardcore Pawn - fish tank in their office

1. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I'm watching this show for the first time and they show a glimpse of their goldfish tank.....

Attached Files:

2. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Goldfish soup

3. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Hahha! I love that show. It's so funny! BUt the only bad thing is the tank.

4. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Got a lil' som'in' in your water there....

5. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Let's hope it's tannins.

6. H

Heather12404 Valued Member Member

Oh my God they need help!!!! Those poor fish.

7. ploopy

ploopy Valued Member Member

wow they need help!!!

8. s

snapper Well Known Member Member

Yuck. :( Poor goldies.

9. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

From what little I saw they looked to be in good condition, though that's more of a testament to the fish than them.

10. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I wonder if anyone has told them... "You know, if your fish tank is going to be on national television, you should probably change the water more than biannually." XD

11. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

It's WORSE for Kitchen Nightmare's - these people ask for Ramsey to come to their restaurant, and they don't clean it first?? ?? They don't go through the walk-in and throw out the moldy food first?? ?? Unreal.

12. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I almost wonder if the producers tell them not to clean up first, to make for more exciting TV.

13. L

Lupinus Valued Member Member

LOL I know.

And they're always shocked. It's like dude, you're paying the bill. You don't take a stroll through the walk in once in awhile to make sure the cheapest guy you could find is doing his job?

Idiots like that make me so happy I did a last minute reconsideration of going into the food industry. I know they are more the exception, especially THAT bad, but still.

14. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

There are lots of restaurants with owners that don't know the first thing about the food and beverage industry. They wouldn't know what they were looking at even if they were to see it.

As far as cleaning before hand, some times they do, but they clean the place like a kid cleans his room - they hide stuff.

15. Akari_32

Speaking of Kitchen Nighmares.... Has anyone ever seen the one where Chef takes almost ALL the dining room furniture out side and sets it all on fire?? :;laughing

16. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

No, I haven't seen that one! Have you seen the one where he throws the deep fryer in the pond? Haha speaking of which, happy Earth day!

17. Akari_32

I haven't seen very many of them lol My friend and I like to watch Diner, Drive-in's, and Dives, and then Kitchen Nightmares comes on sometime around there, too, so sometimes we'll watch it before/after. But poor deep fryer! :;laughing

18. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Yikes, doesnt look like tannins to me....lets hope im blind.

On a brighter, slightly more scary note:
    Id love to see Tabatha and Ramsey team up and go to a Bed and breakfast.

19. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

Poor whatever lives in the pond...

20. L

Lupinus Valued Member Member

See, I don't buy this excuse from them. Any idiot can head to the walk in, and see a blatantly rotten tomato and assorted rotted veg that should have been thrown out three weeks ago. Or "hey, why does it smell like rotten meat in here." And, no, chicken should not in fact be that color. I can understand not realizing that the tub of raw chicken shouldn't be on the shelf above the pre fired chicken, or how many orders should be prepped and ready to go, a good tomato from a slightly less then fresh one, or the finer points of rotating stock.

I know a lot of people who don't know the first thing about food start restaurants, but a little brain power can pick up some obvious things. Like the girl in Atlanta that sold 10-12 orders of chicken wings a night but her kitchen staff had like a months worth stock piled in the walk in, pre cooked, and she's sending out the checks to pay for these things. That's just common sense right there. Heck, the kid whose daddy who raided his trust fund and had delusions of yelp conspiracies against him had enough common sense to realize most of the really screwed up things about the place....and he never had an interest in starting it.

So yeah, I can understand overlooking the finer points. But just missing outright common sense things I chalk up to sheer laziness/laid back mindset more so than lack of experience.