Hard white dots

Discussion in 'ID Help - Identify This' started by llfish, Dec 1, 2012.

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Hello,

I was looking into my saltwater tank today and see about 25-50 pin head size white spots, they are hard, and I can scrape them off. They are too small to get a good picture, they are mainly on the back glass and a few on live rock. Are they good or bad? they are an eye sore though. I hope this is normal, tank has been running about 2 and half months.

My water params are great Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10. I have 60 lbs live rock..one little polyp frag, and 7 little fishies.

2. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

They are ventile snails or shelled worms both are harmless and can happen in a new tank.They will go away as the tank matures and if they are the snails they only multiply when you over feed. Both like I said are harmless. They look like sand right I have them in my sump and tank my clowns eat them as a snack.

3. OP
    OP
    llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Sounds like them;) Seemed to have happened over night I have been giving my fishies 2 light feedings a day..should I reduce this?

4. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

No like I said they are common in a new tank plus the act as a food source for your live stock. But if you want cut back to feeding until lights are out and do a light feeding then. I only feed my reef three days a week at night. And two days at morning but than again I have coepods and other micros in my tank they can feed on. The only one that feed every day is my LTA and clown fry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice