5 Gallon Tank hard green dot algae

lamom43

I found out that I have hard green dot algae only on the tank sides. the tank is plastic. any ideas how to get it off. it has 2 plants in pots and a 4 month old molly in it. that is the only fish. is there anything I can put in the tank to disolve it.

steed1172

since its plastic that leaves out scrubbing and scraping.. try rubbing it with an clean eraser, those cheap stiffer ones should work okay.... remember your rubbing and not scrubbing plastic scratches easy >.<

good luck

lamom43

I can do that with the fish in the tank. won't the rubber come off the eraser in the tank. is that ok

steed1172

nothing should come off the eraser... although if your using one off a pencil, you may want to take the eraser off (graphic effects on water are unknown to me)

unlike when erasing on paper, there shouldn't be enough friction in an aquarium.. if anything does fall off just scoop it up before the fish try eating it lol...i've used a whole bunch of differant kinds of rubber bands in my aquarium... most erasers are just stiffened latex.. maybe some borax.

EDIT:... so I guess you could use try a rubber band/rubber glove? ive never tried with those lol.

Top Bottom