Haps or Tropheus

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am setting up a 75 gallon tank this summer and was planning on doing an african one. At first I was thinking a colony of Tropheus Moorii Kantalambe, but now I'm indicisive. If it was your tank would you do Haps or Tropheus??

Sharkdude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would recomend Christmas fulu, its a Victorian Hap. Very pretty fish. That's my vote.

ppate1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Tropheus are amazing fish. Quite expensive in my area compared to haps. They are quite delicate and demanding fish, but if you can pull it out I'd go with different Tropheus, if you want an easier (relatively) African cichlid go with haps. I've only kept haps but have certainly eyed the lake Tanganyika cichlids due to their rarity and unique markings.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
From my research, tropheus are delicate when shipping/first introduced, but after that there easy. Just have to feed the right food and have plenty of oxygen in the water. By the way a great online store, Cichlids and Herps, have a huge variety of all sorts of tangayinkans, including wild caught, at VERY cheap prices. And they're very reputable, and I believe a sponsor of Cichlid-Forum.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom