Happy with my LPS!

1. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

OK, I know that we often slag the advice given at pet stores, and there have been a few stories told about overheard conversations that we wanted to jump into for the sake of the fish. Last night though I overheard one that made me smile!

I missed the first part of the convo but the end of it had the salesperson explaining to a parent and her young children that goldfish can live a very long time, so long that she might have to pass it on to her grandchildren, and that they get to be a foot in length. When I saw the lady leave the store later she was carrying a bag with a few guppies:)

This was a PetSmart. They don't know everything, but they're not bad!
  2. MinhMai Member Member

Every once in a while you run into someone that actually does know what they're doing. It's refreshing. I once overheard a petsmart employee telling a customer "no more, they'll all die." I assume the customer was attempting to cram more than one Oranda into a small space that already had an inhabitant. I just hope that space was at least around 30 gallons.

3. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Ive been very happy with this PetSmart since it seems that the people who work in fish actually have some knowledge and keep fish themselves. They're not perfect, but they're not bad!