Happy Easter!!!!!!

pinky93
Hey guys, Happy Easter!!!!! What do you guys do to celebrate Easter?

nanoman923
nothing I'm a jew

COBettaCouple
Let's see.. church and falling asleep after lunch. ..oh, and buying enough marshmallow peeps the day after easter to induce a sugar coma.

mrsmuffin
The Easter bunny will come tonight and hide the kids eggs and fill their baskets. We will go to my grandmothers for lunch and have my absolute favorite meal of the year and then we will hide dozens of plastic filled eggs for all of the little kids and they will hunt for them in the back yard. Follow that with left overs for dinner and everyone goes to bed happy!

Tavel
The Easter bunny will come tonight and hide the kids eggs and fill their baskets. We will go to my grandmothers for lunch and have my absolute favorite meal of the year and then we will hide dozens of plastic filled eggs for all of the little kids and they will hunt for them in the back yard. Follow that with left overs for dinner and everyone goes to bed happy!

Is it wrong to hide the eggs under the snow? hehe

mrsmuffin
It was 78 degrees here today; although it is only supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow - I don't think that I have to worry about snow!

susitna-flower
I think the Easter bunny goes south in the winter. He doesn't show up here very often.

chickadee

Happy Easter to You All

Rose & the Minions

TheEssigs
Happy Easter...

First, its the Easter Basket opening frenzy :;rab

followed by cooking and eating ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day.

COBettaCouple
Looks like an icy/snowy Easter here.

Mike
Happy Easter All!

Neville
Happy Easter

capekate
Happy Easter Everyone!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! l

~ kate

sreeja
Happy easter to all forum members.Is you have goos easter?How was your celebrations.

Akari_32
Happy Easter, FishLore! Remember:

What kind of plans do you all have? I live 10 hours away from my family, so I'm here... alone.... Chilling on FishLore.... Hi.

soltarianknight
Excuse me!

I think their a lovley addition XD......to the hen house. This cuteness brought to you in part by

Easter Egger, if you want eggs, you want easter egger.

Ive been loving it up today. I got some eggs done nicely. These little guys hatched 8 weeks ago to be honest Their a tad older(and a bit fewer in numbers) now. I did buy a feeder chick from the LPS today(basically, a newly hatched chick that's been humanely euthed, bred for the sole purpose of food) and gave it to the king snake as a Easter present. She loved it, had to wait 2 weeks in order to eat it XP. The smaller snake just got a rat pinky (granted that's like heaven to her). The leo got some superworms dipped in a flavored vitamin supplement as well as a wax worm. The bettas and gourami all got NLS today, I normally mix it with attisons but they each got 3-4 NLS pellets.

You could say I spoil my animals on holidays.....you could say.

sirdarksol
Happy Easter. I'm getting together with my wife's parents later today.

Wonderful message. Thank you.

Lucy
Akari, too bad you aren't closer. You'd be welcome to have dinner with us.
My daughters are home. Yay!

Akari_32
Theres a difference between getting a pet for an unsuspecting child, and getting new additions that just happen to happen ("happen to happen"...?) on Easter ;D

Lucky, SDS! I've been in need of some good ham, but the on campus restraunts are closed today

Aw, thanks Lucy

soltarianknight
I know I know, but I couldnt resist, besides they are TOO cute to not post. Besides, that netherland dwarf in your pic must get all the chicks.

TmacD
Happy Easter akari!!! I know what it's like to be too far away at college to make it home for holidays. Have a great day!

Akari_32
I know I know, but I couldnt resist, besides they are TOO cute to not post. Besides, that netherland dwarf in your pic must get all the chicks.
Gah, I know!! X3 I miss having chickens! But I don't think my dorm would appreciate having chicken I don't even like eggs, but OMG I could eat my chickens eggs every day!!!! *drool*

Happy Easter akari!!! I know what it's like to be too far away at college to make it home for holidays. Have a great day!

You too! Its great usually, but the food here sucks My mom mailed me a couple loaves of her TOTALLY AWESOME banana bread! Lasted less than a day <.<

Lucy
lol You're welcome!
'Course my 19 year old spent the first 2 days at MTAC.
She looked cute with her ears and wings.

soltarianknight
I will never be able to live in a college dorm -_-. I have 2 snakes, 1 leo, 3 tanks, and a cat that are going everywhere with me. Me thinks ill be renting.

bolivianbaby
Ugh! You are not making this easy for me!

I want chicks so bad! Maybe some Rhode Island Reds or another species of laying hen. Unfortunately, I have to wait until I have a predator-safe coop and a safe location for the coop. I have been ignoring the "chick sales" going on at Tractor Supply company because they are too tempting right now.

soltarianknight
XD I don't like rhodes personally, we have 22 of them and 4 roos, but they are odd little cannibals 0.o (see above where I said we had "a bit fewer in numbers")

Lucy

I want chicks so bad! Maybe some Rhode Island Reds or another species of laying hen. Unfortunately, I have to wait until I have a predator-safe coop and a safe location for the coop. I have been ignoring the "chick sales" going on at Tractor Supply company because they are too tempting right now.

They're so cute making all their little peeping sounds!

Lexi03
Happy Easter to you too.
I gave the kiddos their baskets already, may do a small egg hunt for the little one this afternoon, but chris and I both have to work tonight , so he is on his way to Jack-N- the Box to pick up food and I am searching fishlore before nap time. I'm making a meatloaf tonight- don't like ham. I'd offer some but you aren't any closer to us...

bolivianbaby
XD I don't like rhodes personally, we have 22 of them and 4 roos, but they are odd little cannibals 0.o (see above where I said we had "a bit fewer in numbers")

I need egg layers that do well in southern climates. My daughter and I can eat 2 dozen eggs a week, more if we bake cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc.

We should be okay since we aren't breeding them, right?

Akari_32
lol You're welcome!
'Course my 19 year old spent the first 2 days at MTAC.
She looked cute with her ears and wings.

D'awwwwww X3

I will never be able to live in a college dorm -_-. I have 2 snakes, 1 leo, 3 tanks, and a cat that are going everywhere with me. Me thinks ill be renting.

I've got 3 large dogs, 5 or 6 tanks, a MalI Uromastyx, and used to also have a rabbit when I moved up here. Mom takes care of them all, except the 5.5 gallon and few tanks NOT listed in my sig.

Get Silkies!!!

I tried to get my mom to buy me a super cute, super super super super super lovey albino bunny from Tractor Supply once LOL Didn't work out. But then the next year, we got two rabbits from my neighbor =3

soltarianknight
Meh go for leghorns, those are the factory breed. For 2 dozen eggs, you'll want 30 birds though.... Also recommended are Barred rocks, Australorps, orpingtons, Hampshire reds and comets. Rhodes are just to mis-tempered, one of the roos is named godzilla. He has diced me up pretty bad before.

Silkies are too much work. they don't lay very well and their eggs are small. They have hair more then feathers and it requires more work because mites and lice love them more. They are good show and pets.

sirdarksol
Lucky, SDS! I've been in need of some good ham, but the on campus restraunts are closed today

We're having French toast. Not sure what meat we'll be having.

Akari_32
Happy Easter to you too.
I gave the kiddos their baskets already, may do a small egg hunt for the little one this afternoon, but chris and I both have to work tonight , so he is on his way to Jack-N- the Box to pick up food and I am searching fishlore before nap time. I'm making a meatloaf tonight- don't like ham. I'd offer some but you aren't any closer to us...

I got a bunch of candy in the mail lol From my mom and grandma AND Dino LOL

DON'T LIKE HAM!!!!?? I don't like turkey, so we always have ham at thanksgiving LOL I do enjoy a good meatloaf...

I need egg layers that do well in southern climates. My daughter and I can eat 2 dozen eggs a week, more if we bake cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc.

We should be okay since we aren't breeding them, right?

I had a Silkie hen, and Game Hen, and a Mexican Fighter rooster (just kinda happened lol picked out as an unknown chick). The Game hen wouldn't lay eggs, but the Silkie laid eggs every day. We never left any to hatch, so I picked them up every day. They had a 10x20 dog run with a dog house and lots of grass =3

We're having French toast. Not sure what meat we'll be having.

I LOOOOOVE breakfast for dinner =D

soltarianknight
They don't have a long laying period is the problem. All species of chicken must stop laying for a few months to recharge, silkies on average go 6-8 months of laying TOPS, leghorns in the industry have been pushed to 10-11 months(at the end of which they are processed and replaced) and rhode islands can do 9 months. I love silkies don't get me wrong, but for a southern layer, there are better options.

So......who else dyed eggs?

Lexi03
I got a bunch of candy in the mail lol From my mom and grandma AND Dino LOL

DON'T LIKE HAM!!!!?? I don't like turkey, so we always have ham at thanksgiving LOL I do enjoy a good meatloaf...

Nope no ham...I do love pork though...

Akari_32
Well, Fluffy didn't know any better, I guess LOL She was a mix, though, so maybe that made a difference? She was a bit too small and her feathers weren't quite as long as they should have been. Once she started laying, we got 1 egg every day.

I want to dye eggs, but as I said, I'm not really one for eggs LOL If I could, though, I would totally dye eggs, let them sit for a couple days, and then make tie dye deviled eggs >=D

Nope no ham...I do love pork though...

LOL I'm not much for pork. Bacon and Ham. That's where its at! >=D

soltarianknight
^ this. As for fluffy, sounds like a nice little mix, I love mixes to be honest, sometimes their no good(bad genetics) other times they meet very specific needs very well. We have a Red jungle foul crossed with a rhode island. Hes so beautiful and can fly with ease. We also have a silkie I just remebered, he had 13 toes, HUGE spurs and the worlds worst temper, he showed up one day off the streets, we had him for a long time(couldnt touch him, ever, never did). And then he got to be too mean so we made chicken noodle soup XD

Wendy Lubianetsky
Dying Eggs

They don't have a long laying period is the problem. All species of chicken must stop laying for a few months to recharge, silkies on average go 6-8 months of laying TOPS, leghorns in the industry have been pushed to 10-11 months(at the end of which they are processed and replaced) and rhode islands can do 9 months. I love silkies don't get me wrong, but for a southern layer, there are better options.

So......who else dyed eggs?

If you are seriously asking who else dyed eggs.... I died 5 dozen eggs with my kids for the traditional Easter Egg Hunt at my house Easter morning. I love doing it, everyone trying to make a cooler egg than the last person.og4

Borisbbadd
Akari_32
^ this. As for fluffy, sounds like a nice little mix, I love mixes to be honest, sometimes their no good(bad genetics) other times they meet very specific needs very well. We have a Red jungle foul crossed with a rhode island. Hes so beautiful and can fly with ease. We also have a silkie I just remebered, he had 13 toes, HUGE spurs and the worlds worst temper, he showed up one day off the streets, we had him for a long time(couldnt touch him, ever, never did). And then he got to be too mean so we made chicken noodle soup XD

Yeah, Fluffy had like 8 toes. She was really nice, but one time, my 130 pound Rott mix tried to play with her, and broke her leg, and she had to be in solitary confinement for a few weeks while it healed back up. Then she became the worlds biggest brat! I would have to move her off her eggs with my foot, and she'd attack my shoe while I really quick bent down all awkward like and picked them up LOL The only way you could touch her was if you snuck up on her from behind and grabbed her real quick over her wings, and she'd fail and squawk the
whole time XD

We ended up having to rehome them, because the cracked corn in their feed was attracting mice

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bluebone
Replies
Views
Cherie G
Replies
Views
Algae Eater
  • Question
Replies