Happy Easter, and a friendly reminder!

1. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Happy Easter, FishLore! Remember:

[​IMG]

What kind of plans do you all have? I live 10 hours away from my family, so I'm here... alone.... Chilling on FishLore.... Hi.

:;laughing

2. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Excuse me!
    [​IMG]
    I think their a lovley addition XD......to the hen house. This cuteness brought to you in part by
    [​IMG]
    Easter Egger, if you want eggs, you want easter egger.

Ive been loving it up today. I got some eggs done nicely. These little guys hatched 8 weeks ago to be honest :p Their a tad older(and a bit fewer in numbers) now. I did buy a feeder chick from the LPS today(basically, a newly hatched chick thats been humanely euthed, bred for the sole purpose of food) and gave it to the king snake as a Easter present. She loved it, had to wait 2 weeks in order to eat it XP. The smaller snake just got a rat pinky (granted that's like heaven to her). The leo got some superworms dipped in a flavored vitamin supplement as well as a wax worm. The bettas and gourami all got NLS today, i normaly mix it with attisons but they each got 3-4 NLS pellets.

You could say i spoil my animals on holidays.....you could say.

3. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Happy Easter. I'm getting together with my wife's parents later today.

Wonderful message. Thank you.

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Akari, too bad you aren't closer. You'd be welcome to have dinner with us. :)
    My daughters are home. Yay!

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Theres a difference between getting a pet for an unsuspecting child, and getting new additions that just happen to happen ("happen to happen"...?) on Easter ;D

Lucky, SDS! I've been in need of some good ham, but the on campus restraunts are closed today :(

Aw, thanks Lucy :;hug2

6. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I know i know, but i couldnt resist, besides they are TOO cute to not post. Besides, that netherland dwarf in your pic must get all the chicks.

7. TmacD Member Member

Happy Easter akari!!! I know what it's like to be too far away at college to make it home for holidays. Have a great day!

8. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Gah, I know!! X3 I miss having chickens! But I don't think my dorm would appreciate having chicken :;laughing I don't even like eggs, but OMG I could eat my chickens eggs every day!!!! *drool*

You too! Its great usually, but the food here sucks :;laughing My mom mailed me a couple loaves of her TOTALLY AWESOME banana bread! Lasted less than a day <.<

9. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

lol You're welcome!
    'Course my 19 year old spent the first 2 days at MTAC. :p
    She looked cute with her ears and wings.

10. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I will never be able to live in a college dorm -_-. I have 2 snakes, 1 leo, 3 tanks, and a cat that are going everywhere with me. Me thinks ill be renting.

11. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Ugh! You are not making this easy for me!

I want chicks so bad! Maybe some Rhode Island Reds or another species of laying hen. Unfortunately, I have to wait until I have a predator-safe coop and a safe location for the coop. I have been ignoring the "chick sales" going on at Tractor Supply company because they are too tempting right now.

12. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

XD i dont like rhodes personally, we have 22 of them and 4 roos, but they are odd little cannibals 0.o (see above where i said we had "a bit fewer in numbers")

13. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

They're so cute making all their little peeping sounds!

14. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Happy Easter to you too.
    I gave the kiddos their baskets already, may do a small egg hunt for the little one this afternoon, but chris and I both have to work tonight , so he is on his way to Jack-N- the Box to pick up food and I am searching fishlore before nap time. I'm making a meatloaf tonight- don't like ham. I'd offer some but you aren't any closer to us...

15. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I need egg layers that do well in southern climates. My daughter and i can eat 2 dozen eggs a week, more if we bake cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc.

We should be okay since we aren't breeding them, right?

16. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

D'awwwwww X3

I've got 3 large dogs, 5 or 6 tanks, a Mali Uromastyx, and used to also have a rabbit when I moved up here. Mom takes care of them all, except the 5.5 gallon and few tanks NOT listed in my sig.

Get Silkies!!!

I tried to get my mom to buy me a super cute, super super super super super lovey albino bunny from Tractor Supply once LOL Didn't work out. But then the next year, we got two rabbits from my neighbor =3

17. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Meh go for leghorns, those are the factory breed. For 2 dozen eggs, youll want 30 birds though.... Also recommended are Barred rocks, Australorps, orpingtons, Hampshire reds and comets. Rhodes are just to mis-tempered, one of the roos is named godzilla. He has diced me up pretty bad before.

Silkies are too much work. they dont lay very well and their eggs are small. They have hair more then feathers and it requires more work because mites and lice love them more. They are good show and pets.

18. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

We're having French toast. Not sure what meat we'll be having.

19. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I got a bunch of candy in the mail lol From my mom and grandma AND Dino LOL

DON'T LIKE HAM!!!!?? :O I don't like turkey, so we always have ham at thanksgiving LOL I do enjoy a good meatloaf... :;nin2

I had a Silkie hen, and Game Hen, and a Mexican Fighter rooster (just kinda happened lol picked out as an unknown chick). The Game hen wouldn't lay eggs, but the Silkie laid eggs every day. We never left any to hatch, so I picked them up every day. They had a 10x20 dog run with a dog house and lots of grass =3

I LOOOOOVE breakfast for dinner =D

20. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

They dont have a long laying period is the problem. All species of chicken must stop laying for a few months to recharge, silkies on average go 6-8 months of laying TOPS, leghorns in the industry have been pushed to 10-11 months(at the end of which they are processed and replaced) and rhode islands can do 9 months. I love silkies dont get me wrong, but for a southern layer, there are better options.

So......who else dyed eggs?