Happiestcamper Getting Salty

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
HappiestCamper said:
Is the picture working for you? Its a jumble of a TON of letters on the mobile app.

Did you notice much of a crash with your process?
Oops my bad! I thought it would pop up a shortened link like it usually does. Just search bashsea reactor and its the blue and black one.

Nope, no crash at all. By the next day the tank had cleared up (there was a ton of crud on the sandbed), and corals were all out and happy. A week later and you would never know anything happened. No deaths.

OP
HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Culprit said:
Oops my bad! I thought it would pop up a shortened link like it usually does. Just search bashsea reactor and its the blue and black one.

Nope, no crash at all. By the next day the tank had cleared up (there was a ton of crud on the sandbed), and corals were all out and happy. A week later and you would never know anything happened. No deaths.
Did you do the thing where you wrap it in lights? Or do you run as is?

OP
HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank you Culprit, I think we're doing it
agsansoo said:
Keep up the great work Happiest ! I need to see more photos of your clownfish.
Thank you My clowns are my weakness I just wish I could do more than one pair I want them all

Cheeks here thinks she's the boss lady of the tank AND the house. A nippy brat but I ♡ her. Good thing she's stuck in a tank
20190120_183515.jpg

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Awesome, I think you'll love it for nutrient export. Your pod population should boom as well.

That clown is so freaking cute. Watch out, if you get her a nem to host once she grows up more she'll get even worse. At work I've had clowns try to jump out of the tank at my hand

OP
HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Culprit said:
Awesome, I think you'll love it for nutrient export. Your pod population should boom as well.

That clown is so freaking cute. Watch out, if you get her a nem to host once she grows up more she'll get even worse. At work I've had clowns try to jump out of the tank at my hand
We have a nem but they don't seem to care about it silly clowns. Its hard to picture them not being tiny some day! But I could absolutely see cheeks being that bold.

Also a general update and photo drop:

Our nem has been throwing a tantrum, turns out we may have had a ph drop (we used to have crappy bulbs in the house now we have amazing ones... so when I checked in the fish room I thought 8.4 but in the good light its clearly 8... not sure if I've been misreading this whole time or it actually dropped embarrassing] and I found out the dKH level I thought was fine (8) was actually a little low.
It *'seems* to be calming down...

At its worst one side was dark and shriveled looking... fingers crossed ... on the same note our clam dropped its foot this morning.... doesn't look good
Guess some lessons come hard...

On a positive note:

I finally got a decent picture of Spike

We're seeing some great coral growth, I'm nervous with the recent light switch... how do I know if I'm acclimating slow enough??

Favia
20190227_115805.jpg

Tux/Mr.Bond, Urchin Bond
20190227_120025.jpg

Started with only 4 heads
20190224_074321.jpg

And a full tank shot because I'm digging it lately.

20190227_115529.jpg

Sorry for the long post

OP
HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Did some big things this weekend. We lovingly said goodbye to the freshwater hobby. It's been a great 8 year run. 4 tanks has just been too much to juggle with college, work, and externships.

The 40 gallon is currently in the rockscape phase. Trying many different options of course, however there's no way to know what will ultimately be decided until we're ready to do the switch so we can use the live rock too.

We have one mushroom baby that started growing on one of the main rocks... I haven't quite decided how to deal with that, but I'd like to be able to scape with that rock...hmm

And here's a pic of our newest baby
20190311_105718.jpg
1552271337991.jpg

Jesterrace

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Very nice. It's true that freshwater just can't match the colors of saltwater. Loving my new Frogspawn Coral Frag that I got and it in turn seems to be loving life in my tank (Polyps are nice and fat and growing). Even since shooting this vid it has grown:

OP
HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I need to start talking videos more because yours was cool!

Our euphyllia has been much happier looking in the new tank, it's making us want more

20190519_152847.jpg

OP
HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Holy smokes we have learned so many lessons this past year!

Has anyone else gone salty??

20191006_122449.jpg
20191006_122425.jpg