Handful Of Water Spangles

tellin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
...yours from New York for the cost of shipping!

P.S. If salvinia minima is invasive in your area (probably the warmer states) I will not ship. This stuff grows like nuts.

Fishywife

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm definitely interested. Please message me. Thanks! Im in maine btw! 8 tanks running..

tellin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Would you mind posting a picture of it?? I might be interested!!
Sure, I'll post a photo early next week. I would guess that two handfuls to you and Fishywife, plus the handful I am giving my LFS, should take care of my excess for now, but I will post the next time the salvinia starts overgrowing again (probably in about 3 months).

tellin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Photos here:
IMG_20180430_091539250.jpg
and here:
IMG_20180430_091458354.jpg
I should warn, I do have pond snails so you might want to try dipping in hydrogen peroxide to clean them off. The leaves on my salvinia are fairly small because turbulence from my filter is too high. But if you want to corral them into a calm place of the tank, they should grow larger for you. I had only 10 plants three months ago, and they increased to about twice as much as you see in the photo. My fish love them, but enough is enough!

tellin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have another baggie of spangles to give away. This stuff soaks up the nitrates like mad: my nitrate levels have been at 0 for ages and the other plants are showing signs of nitrogen deficiency!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom