Hand Feeding Fish

sweetcyn

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I purchased a black knife ghost fish about 3 months ago and he loves to eat blood worms from my hand.
In the tank I have 2 angel fish, a pleco, bala shark. and 2 bleeding hearts. Recently the angelfish have gotten in on the action... Its a interesting concept to see the 3 of them eating from my hand at the same time. Does anyone else hand feed their fish?

lilabug4545

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It depends on the fish. Some of my rescues I have to hand feed because otherwise they're just too stupid to realize that the food has to eventually go away (looking at you, Di).

ystrout

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I hand feed bloodworms to my dwarf puffers and betta. They're not great swimmers but are vicious eaters, so I don't like to hold the worms with metal tweezers or anything in case they over chomp and hurt their mouth on the metal. Plus, it's funny when they grab a bloodworm from my fingers and rip at it trying to get it free. Super cute.

I just take tweezer size pinches of bloodworms and dump them in every 30 seconds on my community tank though. The fish go into a frenzy and eat the within seconds.

I don't handfeed the puffers snails though. Just drop them in. But I do get my betta to swim over before I put his pellets in since I don't want them sinking to the ground.

New Threads