Hammered by the heat!

Lexi03
Building we were working in 92 degrees.

And we had to wear long pants and hardhats

I will trade you. 100+ degrees, and we have to wear long pants, kevlar sleeves and leather gloves, and sometimes a hardhat. I work in a unairconditioned factory. The machines put off a lot of heat.

Advertisement
Siggi
BTW, people: how do you usually avoid overheating your aquaria?
Does everybody have a/c in all the rooms enough to keep the tanks at correct temperature for their fish?

psalm18.2
I do.

RogueAgent94
Well I'm back in FL! My AC died while I was gone and I'm surviving 95*F with 90% humidity. My tanks are up around 85*F without the heaters running lol. I swear I'm gonna kill the AC guy when he gets back.

Dino, I brought back some Russian Rum . You're welcome to join me on my porch LOL

Advertisement
Dino
Ummmmm, sounds like a winner!

luke355027355027
I will trade you. 100+ degrees, and we have to wear long pants, kevlar sleeves and leather gloves, and sometimes a hardhat. I work in a unairconditioned factory. The machines put off a lot of heat.

Ill go up into a 130 degree attic. But I hate hate hate hate hate long pants even in winter I really don't think I could do your job I don't even wear long pants in the winter. Wow sound like my work isn't so hot acter all.

Do you guyz get breaks often or is is X hours woeking in that heat.

Tigress Hill
BTW, people: how do you usually avoid overheating your aquaria?
Does everybody have a/c in all the rooms enough to keep the tanks at correct temperature for their fish?

We have two a/c's, so my room is always kept at a nice 75 degrees.

Dino
But I hate hate hate hate hate long pants even in winter I really don't think I could do your job I don't even wear long pants in the winter.

My new hours at the post office require me to wear long pants. I detest it. Especially since the women are allowed to wear shorts or skirts.

APColorado
are men allowed to wear skirts?

Advertisement
RogueAgent94
;D I'm sure they are! Just claim that your Irish LOL

Tigress Hill
;D I'm sure they are! Just claim that your Irish LOL

Don't forget your bagpipes LOL!

But wait is that Scotland?

Cichlidnut
Yeah, that's Scotland. Get it straight.

Tigress Hill
Sorry Cichlidnut, I wasn't certain.

Dino
Already asked, I was told I would be violating a direct order from my post master if I did so. Which would lead to me being written up.
3 write ups, and they are allowed to attempt to fire you.

SOOOO, I keep a VERY loud fan under my station on the window, which annoys the "favorite". I simply state, if they want the fan off, they need to lower the temperature in the building, or allow me to wear shorts.
It does not help that both the post master and the "favorite" are always cold, while the rest of us are dripping sweat.

Advertisement
Tigress Hill
Grrrr...I don't like it when bosses pick favorites.

RogueAgent94
-sigh- Oh the joys of being your own boss . Sorry to hear you got it rough Dino!

luke355027355027
Already asked, I was told I would be violating a direct order from my post master if I did so. Which would lead to me being written up.
3 write ups, and they are allowed to attempt to fire you.

SOOOO, I keep a VERY loud fan under my station on the window, which annoys the "favorite". I simply state, if they want the fan off, they need to lower the temperature in the building, or allow me to wear shorts.
It does not help that both the post master and the "favorite" are always cold, while the rest of us are dripping sweat.

Tape a playing card to the fan so it makes a noise.

Or you could wear the stylish zip off pants ( the kind where the lower legs part zips off)

outlaw
Low for the week is 90 here, high 98 with "feel like" of 100+. Been in the upper 70's and higher since beginning of June and almost no rain with little to none in the forecast.

For the month of June, we've had .9" of rain. Our average for the month is about 3.9"

Lexi03
Ill go up into a 130 degree attic. But I hate hate hate hate hate long pants even in winter I really don't think I could do your job I don't even wear long pants in the winter. Wow sound like my work isn't so hot acter all.

Do you guyz get breaks often or is is X hours woeking in that heat.

We get a 20min lunch 3hrs into our shift , and a 10minute break 2 hrs after lunch. If it goes over 90* we get 1 packet of powdered gatorade.

mmolitor87
I work on a receiving dock where the temperature has been in the 90's easily. It's like this all night, especially since the air conditioner shuts off at night when the managers leave. It doesn't kick back on until about an hour before they get back.

We can't open any of the other bay doors to let the cool night air in, either. We can have water, though. I just stay really hydrated and hope we get the truck done fast so we can get to the floor where it might be in the 80's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lucy
We got some much needed rain yesterday along with a hefty wind. Wish it lasted longer!
It cooled it down for a while though.
Supposed to be in the high 90's this week.
At least it's better that the over 100 readings we were getting!

Echostatic
So far it's been hanging just shy of 100*F here in Texas. With July just getting started and August yet to come, though, I'm not looking forward to the near future. Wishing I had a car with A/C >.>

I've got my window A/C providing supplimental cooling for my room, though, hopefully that'll be enough to keep the fish reasonably cool.

APColorado
Hopefully our weather gets better in all our respective areas. For me, I would like to wake up with sunshine instead of overcast.

bumble5bee
Yes, Central Arkansas is getting hammered too! Trees, lawns, pastures have started to turn brown and still no relief in sight. Our purple martin babies are falling out of the bird condo's trying to get away from the heat in there. It's a sad sight.

Dino
I had rain last night!!!

Only 92 today!!

Butterfly
At 6 pm it's still 102 it's been partly cloudy but still no rain.
carol

amber0107
It was 104 here today and we had a huge fire breakout in a neighboring town that covered 150+ acres. We need rain badly.

catsma_97504
Cloudy today, but no rain. Managed 74F this afternoon. Where oh where is summer??? We are a good 25 degrees below our normal summer temps!

Tigress Hill
Which of you Americans are allowed to do fireworks for the Fourth tomorrow?

I plan to soak the grass behind my house and AT LEAST do a few fountains and sparklers.

RogueAgent94
The collages near me are setting off fireworks!! There are also lots of collage kid parties and barbeques. It rained here yesterday.

luke355027355027
Which of you Americans are allowed to do fireworks for the Fourth tomorrow?

I plan to soak the grass behind my house and AT LEAST do a few fountains and sparklers.

Got me some 3 inch mortara from up north. Those things fly but no sparks hit the ground so yeah

Tigress Hill
Got me some 3 inch mortara from up north. Those things fly but no sparks hit the ground so yeah

The collages near me are setting off fireworks!! There are also lots of collage kid parties and barbeques. It rained here yesterday.

Lucky people. Attempt not to set anything on fire!

catsma_97504
Until last year it was illegal to purchase, possess or set of fireworks in the city limits. As the police failed to enforce this law, this year you cannot sell fireworks in the city, but can set them off :shock: However, fireworks cannot be set off along the river that cuts through town, in a city park, at a school or any public location that contains vegetation. Guess that leaves the freeway

Sometimes I wonder about these stupid things our lawmakers come up with.

RogueAgent94
Lucky people. Attempt not to set anything on fire!

Hahaha the colleges themselves are putting on the fireworks to try and convince their students not to do stupid things themselves. But, as we all know, that isn't gonna happen hahaha.

Tigress Hill
Until last year it was illegal to purchase, possess or set of fireworks in the city limits. As the police failed to enforce this law, this year you cannot sell fireworks in the city, but can set them off :shock: However, fireworks cannot be set off along the river that cuts through town, in a city park, at a school or any public location that contains vegetation. Guess that leaves the freeway

Sometimes I wonder about these stupid things our lawmakers come up with.

Try the top of a building... or maybe just go to a friend's house in the country to shoot some off.

Hahaha the collages themselves are putting on the fireworks to try and convince their students not to do stupid things themselves. But, as we all know, that isn't gonna happen hahaha.

Well of course not!!!

Echostatic
I wanna fire some dragons breath shotgun rounds into the sky. They look fantastic.

Butterfly
We have a burn ban on and some lady was grilling out yesterday and set a fire when her grill collapsed! She got a fine of $250 for a first offense. Only the yards and trees between two houses burned down thank goodness.

I wasn't aware that burn bans meant no grilling too but I do now! It's critically dry here.

In the evenings I turn my sprinkler on for a bit to wet the lower tree leaves and the grass in the shade. The birds come from every where just to rub and wallow on the wet leaves. Of course I keep the bird bath full also.

Don't forget the wildlife this time of year. Keep water out for the birds, squirrels and anything else that may need a drink.
Carol

GemstonePony
I live in a river valley, and about 1/8 mile away from a acre+sized marsh and a large pond: the heat(90-100*f) is bad, but the humidity almost makes the air too thick to breath. We had fireworks, those were fine, but the mosquitoes were terrible! My poor sister-in-law was practically drenched in mosquito repellent, but still got bitten a few times.
Fortunately, cooler air is coming. I hope it lasts, if for no other reason than that it lowers the humidity.

Everythingzen
I prefer humidity to a dry heat any day. Even that suffocating humidity is better, I reckon. I feel hotter when there's no moisture in the air. Hope you all catch some nice rain soon.

luke355027355027
Yeah mr birdbath is being fillef up daily

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Junne
Replies
Views
Bijou88
Replies
Views
Akari_32