Halogen Light For Plants Ok To Use?

WinterSoldier.

I am going to plant my bettas tank. I have the soil Miracle Gro Natures care organic soil, bought at Home Depot, and the sand, desert sand, Mosser Lee. My order of operations is
Soak sand and dirt
remove everything form tank
put dirt in, put sand on top
plant the plants, water wisteria, java moss, jungle val, hornwort (maybe) Rotala Indica Ludwigia
Fill up with water
Put up the light

here is where I come to my stumbling block, I am sure that everything before the light is fine, I have a 50 watt halogen light that can be used for a desk lamp. I have heard halogen is not optimal, my question is, will everything function, do you guys think this sounds good? I am on a very limited budget, so I am not sure that I could get another light

thanks in advance

Easton

Bryangar

Make sure to sift the soil, especially if you’re using sand. You’ll get a bunch of small woodchips going to the surface. Also, IME it’s really annoying trying to fill a dirted tank that has sand as the cap, so go really slow.

What I did to set up my 5 gal.
-sift the soil.
-dump the soil into the tank.
- spray it down and mix the soil with a chopstick to get it completely wet and moldable.
- shape it how you want then cap with wet sand.
- slowly pour the water in with a cup and my hand to prevent the sand from moving(which you’ll still get.)

Watch your parameters if you’re going to add your betta back right away. You’ll get a huge spike in ammonia and nitrites.

Here’s my thread.
Demontay's 55 gal Tank build | Freshwater Aquarium Builds Forum | 224131

I would get a different light.

WinterSoldier.

what kind of light would you recommend?

Bryangar

what kind of light would you recommend?
Probably a nicrew or beamswork light would work.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aqua 59
Replies
Views
MD_Plants
Replies
Views
Deshik
Replies
Views