halloween color fish @ petsmart?

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
does anyone know if petco has more variety of fish than petsmart? i cant seem to find almost ANY fish with colorations other than orange-reddish at petsmart and now my tank looks like full of tiny little halloween pumpkin looking fishies :;pumpkin ALL of my fishies have some sort of orange on them

i also know that stores' fish vary with location... but still

also my LFS closed and there arent many around so i kinda have no choice...

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
im still going to give it a try for guppies and platies at petco tomorrow... Has anyone seen blue-purpleish guppies and (or) blue platies at petco? those are the ones I am aiming for... If i can find them of course.

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ok.. i am going to check tomorrow and i'll let everyone know if i found something

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok, went to petco and they didnt even have male guppies then, i went to another petsmart and i found something that looks a lot like an endler's livebearer !!! I will post a picture for you guys to help me figure out if it really is an edlers!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey alessa, I agree with the orange thing, silver too. Other than bettas, guppies and neons, there doesn't seem to be much variety in color around here either, unless you look at the SW set ups.

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
the saltwater set-ups at the petco I went to were... empty I only saw a couple clown fish (my bf fell in love with them... and with some help from my part is now thinking of getting a saltwater >) and that was it why are these companies so fixated on orange/silver fish?

ninilie

Valued Member
Reaction score
You can look on craigslist. Sometimes i see people giving away mollies and guppies. I think might be a chance to get some color and maybe free. It all depends on your area though. About 3 weeks ago i got some very nice looking male guppies that had a very red/wine colored tail and blue body.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom