Half moon tank set-up

ashleighh28
Hey guys I've had this tank a while now, I've recently added and anubias, water Sprite and an Amazon sword but I'm looking to change it around abit and see what else could work in there.

sassymomma
Whoa that's a huge amazon sword! When I look at mine, its hard to imagine it that big

ashleighh28
Love your tiny ones! They grow huge!!

Whoa that's a huge amazon sword! When I look at mine, its hard to imagine it that big

What's the other plant behind the swords?

lfabb
Java fern/moss would be a nice addition and easy to grow

ashleighh28
I was thinking of removing the sword give it alittle more space.. Java moss, Is that floating?

sassymomma
Java fern is a tie-down. You can attach it to coral, coarse rock or driftwood. It will put roots into the rough surface of what you tie it to, and hold on

Dont bury it..it will stifle(my rookie mistake lol) but they are sturdy, and recover quickly from human error

ashleighh28
Yeah I was thinking about Java moss. I've already for some fern in my other tank.

ashleighh28
Java fern is a tie-down. You can attach it to coral, coarse rock or driftwood. It will put roots into the rough surface of what you tie it to, and hold on

Dont bury it..it will stifle(my rookie mistake lol) but they are sturdy, and recover quickly from human error

have I planted them wrong then?

sassymomma
It should be ok..as long as you gave the roots room to breathe. You can even take the gravel off, and just hold down the main root "trunk" with a rock, so that they look planted , and have room to spread out

This is mine, in recovery, after being planted. The man trunk died but it grew new leaves and roots once given breathing room.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
jenmur
Replies
Views
AngelicNerd
  • Question