5 Gallon Tank Hair product sprayed near fish tank

Merrall1759

I absent mindedly sprayed a hair product in close proximity to my fish tank (I know how stupid of me). The top of the tank was about 80% covered by the lid, but I do not know how much product could have got into the tank. It is a 5 gallon tank and I have taken my betta out of the water and put him in the cup he came in temporarily. I am concerned that the damage is already done and that I have put my fish in harms way. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do or what to expect.

jkkgron2

Did you spray it at an angle where it would’ve been directly headed towards the aquarium? If not I wouldn’t be too concerned, although I would do a 70% water change . Adding in fresh carbon should also help.

kansas

I'd change as much water in his tank as I could and then put him back. I know this is frightening and to be avoided, but I doubt if you did any harm to your fish.

Good luck.

DuaneV

Unless you sprayed it directly into the tank, I wouldnt worry about it. Taking the fish out and putting it in a cup is probably more harmful than what happened.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
Fishiemum
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views