Hair Grass Equipment.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by AJE, Jun 23, 2018.

1. AJE

AJEWell Known MemberMember

2. Seasoldier

SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Heads up. In a lot of cases those seeds aren't actually aquatic plants and will soon die if submerged for a prolonged period.

4. OP
    OP
    AJE

AJEWell Known MemberMember

Thanks and about the fish, I have a vampire shrimp that digs a lot How do I protect the grass until their roots grow long enough?

5. Seasoldier

SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

I don't know, I couldn't find a way, the roots are so fine & tiny when you first plant them that they are easily disturbed, my neon gobies would root around for food in the grass & then I'd find it all floating on the surface in the mornings, I replanted it several times with no luck & eventually gave up, I'm now using crypt parva as a low growing foreground plant, not the same as a hairgrass 'lawn' I know but it does look nice & it's more robust, my gobies haven't been able to uproot it yet & it's been in about a month.

6. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

I haven't ever seen these seeds actually turn out to be what they're marketed as.
    For real DHG a good amount of light, a fine substrate (preferably aquarium soil), and fertilizers are highly recommended, and pressurized CO2 for a full carpet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice