Hair Grass Equipment.

1. AJE

AJE Well Known Member Member

2. Seasoldier

Seasoldier Well Known Member Member

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Heads up. In a lot of cases those seeds aren't actually aquatic plants and will soon die if submerged for a prolonged period.

4. OP
    OP
    AJE

AJE Well Known Member Member

Thanks and about the fish, I have a vampire shrimp that digs a lot How do I protect the grass until their roots grow long enough?

5. Seasoldier

Seasoldier Well Known Member Member

I don't know, I couldn't find a way, the roots are so fine & tiny when you first plant them that they are easily disturbed, my neon gobies would root around for food in the grass & then I'd find it all floating on the surface in the mornings, I replanted it several times with no luck & eventually gave up, I'm now using crypt parva as a low growing foreground plant, not the same as a hairgrass 'lawn' I know but it does look nice & it's more robust, my gobies haven't been able to uproot it yet & it's been in about a month.

6. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

I haven't ever seen these seeds actually turn out to be what they're marketed as.
    For real DHG a good amount of light, a fine substrate (preferably aquarium soil), and fertilizers are highly recommended, and pressurized CO2 for a full carpet.