Hair Algae! Help

Discussion in 'Saltwater Algae Problems' started by binskiboi, Dec 29, 2009.

1. binskiboiValued MemberMember

Hello everyone! About 3 weeks ago I bought a new saltwater tank. I had 1 chromis in and a piece of live rock for the first week, then got a yellow tail damsel, and live sand for the last 2 weeks. My tank has completed cycling and all the params are normal and selinity is 1.028. Yesterday I bought a fire goby and a valentini puffer. (I plan on staying FOWLER for awhile until i am ready to move on) I am going to gerbers later today to get some more live rock.

Now to the problem....
    The past 2 weeks ive had TERRIBLE algae problems. I believe its called hair algae because its small stringy and in large groups. It seem impossible to get off (i have a tool with a sponge side, harder sponge side, and a scraper. Can't get it off with any of those). I have bought 4 zombie snails and 2 netrite snails and still nothing.

Thanks~
    Binskiboi

P.S. I bought the zombie snails because i was having rotium or w/e the brown sand problem is called they have fixed that for the most part!

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice